PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with CA3 & 2009C V1.0

chrisn27
26th October, 2010, 12:51 AM
Hey guys I'm hoping I am posting this in the right section. I'm running CAT ET 2009C V1.0 and just got my com adapter III toolkit. The Cat part # is 317-7484. My computer is having problems locating the correct driver for this adapter. I used the supplied install disk and everything downloads successful. Is my version of CAT ET not compatible with the CA3? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!! My PC is running a 64-bit system with Windows 7. Could this be why my CA3 will not work? Found a post on the internet where there were some issues with that...

jctech
26th October, 2010, 05:51 AM
Hey guys I'm hoping I am posting this in the right section. I'm running CAT ET 2009C V1.0 and just got my com adapter III toolkit. The Cat part # is 317-7484. My computer is having problems locating the correct driver for this adapter. I used the supplied install disk and everything downloads successful. Is my version of CAT ET not compatible with the CA3? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!! My PC is running a 64-bit system with Windows 7. Could this be why my CA3 will not work? Found a post on the internet where there were some issues with that...

Cat ET 2010A is verified on Windows 7, however CA3 is not

info here www.eurossy.com/pdf2/CAT_ET_Spec(english).pdf

Windows 7 for facebook
Windows Vista for youtube
Windows XP for service tools

chrisn27
26th October, 2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah that what I'v found so far. My device manager is not detecting the proper driver for the CA3. I see all kind of info as that those issues will be addressed in the future. Does anyone have any info as to where I can get the right driver for this system?

DDS
27th October, 2010, 03:40 AM
Here is the Com3 install v2.0.exe, It may help. You should upgrade to 2010a, also may have better support.

Com 3 tool kit

http://rapidshare.com/files/427363892/Caterpillar_Comm_Adapter_3_V2.0.rar

2010a ET

http://rapidshare.com/files/426997434/CAT_ET_2010A_v1.0.rar

Far_Call
28th October, 2010, 01:04 AM
The 317-7484 had a problem with the USB Cable which made it near impossible to work on 95% of Laptops or PC's.
What you need to do is Ring-Bark the USB Cable about 3 " from where it plugs into the Comms adaptor.

Strip of the insulation and remove the shielding and the earth mesh so that all that's left are the wires. You only need to do about 1/2" Apply some tape to the area and use some Heat Shrink tubing over the ring Bark.

Another method it to use USB double adapters so the Comms can get power from more than one USB port.. some Laptops Ive had to use 3 YSB ports to get the Comms III to work.

However Ring Barking the Cable does the trick and Caterpillar also now makes a new Cable if you just want to buy it.

Far_Call
28th October, 2010, 01:37 AM
Here is the procedure all laid out for you.
http://rapidshare.com/files/427528467/Modify_3177487_cable.pdf

Another issue of interest with the C3 is this:
To avoid the problem that causes your CA3 to loose the boot sector memory you need to flash your CA3 with the new firmware ?CA3 _1.05.26.tar.bz2?. The firmware can be downloaded at our Dealer Service Tools website under Communication Adapter 3. The symptom of loosing boot sector memory is when plugging CA3 to PC or machine ALL of the lights are turn on and stay on, the CA3 will not work at all. For checking to see if the CA3 has been updated, the ?Software Release Version ? under CA3 Toolkit should be 1.5.26.

Wristpin
8th July, 2011, 04:52 PM
Here is the procedure all laid out for you.
http://rapidshare.com/files/427528467/Modify_3177487_cable.pdf

Another issue of interest with the C3 is this:
To avoid the problem that causes your CA3 to loose the boot sector memory you need to flash your CA3 with the new firmware ?CA3 _1.05.26.tar.bz2?. The firmware can be downloaded at our Dealer Service Tools website under Communication Adapter 3. The symptom of loosing boot sector memory is when plugging CA3 to PC or machine ALL of the lights are turn on and stay on, the CA3 will not work at all. For checking to see if the CA3 has been updated, the ?Software Release Version ? under CA3 Toolkit should be 1.5.26.

Can you (anyone) provide me with the updated firmware please?? I have the problem you described three of my lights stay on anytime the USB is plugged in to my laptop and I need it fixed A.S.A.P.
Thanks