PDA

View Full Version : peugeot 406 BSI HELP pls.

sparkz02
26th October, 2010, 10:36 PM
I'm new to this first few cars, so be gentle with me.
Using dp3.
Trying to do a pug 406, 2000 model, Now i changed the mileage via VDO, rear clock plug. It changed no problem, pluged back to the car original mileage came back...

So i decided i needed to read the chip in the BSI which is 93c66 i believe. Clip my clips around the chip, Device confirmed its all connected properly. Just doesnt read the chip, kept saying, 'check connections' tried via eeprom tools, got the same message.

Any help, what do I do next? Cheers.

raf0468
26th October, 2010, 10:39 PM
read off the board.......and hope its not corrupted it.....

sparkz02
26th October, 2010, 10:54 PM
Cheers, the only reason i purchased this machine is because it says u dont need to take chips off the board, abit disapointed, sounds hard. Thanks mate

dashradio
26th October, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi, dirty chip or broken wire on C12, this WILL read on the board with DP3

sparkz02
26th October, 2010, 11:06 PM
Not to sure, but on the dp3 you get the display screen which tells you in the clips are connected properly, it says there all connected. I'll give it another crack in the mornning.

Any reason why it didnt work vdo... because it changed,

jameso65993
27th October, 2010, 12:04 AM
hi guys i also have dp3 but off the point i was wondering would you have a dump for a kawasaki zx6r 2006 thanks

nebojsapejcic
27th October, 2010, 12:06 AM
You turned it upside down. When you read , first pin is always left/down. On your C12 it is marked with different color. If there is green stuff covering eprom, clean it with nail remover.
I did a lot of 406 bsi, you don't have to remove eprom.
It that doesn't work test your machine , you have to make test adapter, it is shown in manual.

Always do backup first and never try to change anything if it shows wrong mileage.

You should have support from a guy you bought it.

alimmo
27th October, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hello mate, does the car still start, or have you not put the bsi back, should it not start (hopefully all is ok ) however if not then yes you may have clipped it the wrong way and currupted the eeprom in which case its a big headache, if all ok then clean pins and clip correctly and read again hopefully will work.

PS i know DP3 is a good tool and tells you stuff, but not everything if you know what i mean, so check clip and wires.
Good luck ! and let us know how you get on.

sparkz02
27th October, 2010, 12:45 PM
Thank you, for your help guys, basically im abit of an egg and my clips were wiried wrong. Machine picked up connection but, they were just wired wrong. It all started and its all done.

knok
28th October, 2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you, for your help guys, basically im abit of an egg and my clips were wiried wrong. Machine picked up connection but, they were just wired wrong. It all started and its all done.

next time is good to keep eyes wide open with these cars ...
if something goes wrong car don?t start ... and begin problems