PDA

View Full Version : Faster FTP using FileZilla

Bradley1984
27th October, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hi there everyone. Managed to get FileZilla working last night and played Pro Evo (though I now have to download the bloody English text and commentry lol). It took 2 hours and 40 mins to transfer to the ps3's HDD and used up what seems to be 15gb. I thought it was a 4gb game. Anyways, I can get a new hard drive for that so no problems really. What I wondered, is there any way to transfer quicker than wireless FTP, maybe through an ethernet cable from PC to PS3? It was transferring 2 files at a time at 1.2MB/s average. Any ideas?

Also will it be quicker when I get an external HDD? Can I then plug it into the pc directly and transfer?

iman
27th October, 2010, 07:57 AM
1.2MB/s is quite slow you would be better with a wired connection evo took me about 25mins.
About using an external hard drive it is quicker that ftp but the external drive must be formated to fat32 so if the game you want to put on your ps3 has a file larger than 4GB then the only way is ftp

Bradley1984
27th October, 2010, 08:05 AM
Good news thats its possible to transfer via wired. How to I go about this, obviously i have the ethernet cable, do I use any specific software or will FileZilla do the biz?

Also when I was attempting to put the files onto the HDD last night, I think I used a different folder on my first attempt LAUN12345. I only transferred a small amount of PES11. When this didnt work, I reinstalled Open Manager and accept OMAN12345 as the storage folder for the boot.ini. Now I probably have PES11 sitting in 2 folders (or at least part of it in one folder). How do I access this to delete it?

Thanks mate.

Brad

iman
27th October, 2010, 08:29 AM
I just have my ps3 plugged into my router fire up blackbox ftp and type the ip address it shows me into my FTP client and transfer my folder across , I use CoreFTPLE as I was having problems with FileZilla but if it works for you that's all you should need. As for deleting your part file just browse to the offending folder via ftp right click and delete....I'm no wiz kid but what I'm telling you works for me my friend.

Bradley1984
27th October, 2010, 08:33 AM
So the wired connection should supercede the wireless! Ok ill give it a try, will also delete that folder via ftp tonight, thanks for your help, gotta love DK!

iman
27th October, 2010, 08:42 AM
No problems hope it works out ok for you ..Don't forget you need to enable wired network on your ps3.

Bradley1984
27th October, 2010, 08:51 AM
Yh will do...Ill let ya know how I get on. Cant believe I didnt try that last night, I must admit, I was a little scared to even enter the wireless settings. As a fellow PES11'er, when yuo load the game, do you get the update message? I clicked cancel last night as wasnt sure what the update was? Also is there a official team kits and names patch yet?

iman
27th October, 2010, 09:59 AM
Yes I do update my games it's ok... if you find that you keep getting error messages while trying to update your games you may need to update the hex file on your usb dongle and/or backup manager I use Hermes v4 payload on a Teensy2 + Gaia Manager and it works without problems.

Bradley1984
27th October, 2010, 10:14 AM
Ok, well my USB at the mo is an older version so no update potential but Ill try and update tonight and see what happens. What does it update then if not the system? Is there anyway to stop system updates totally or will it always ask you before updating the firmware version? Just worried that I try and update PES11 and get FW3.5 in the bundle.

iman
27th October, 2010, 10:51 AM
I have updated all the games that have asked for one with no problems apart from Fallout New Vegas which stopped working after updating then I had to un/reinstall the game data and then all was good again ...good game I will buy!!!...The game updates are mostly just bug fixes they only update the game not the firmware. Some games do need a firmware higher than 3.41 Medal of Honor being one of them but they always make it clear that it wants to update your firmware when you refuse to accept the update it just quits the game and there is a work around for those games...What do you use to jailbreak your ps3?

Bradley1984
27th October, 2010, 11:05 AM
Im using the early version from www.usbbreak.com (http://www.usbbreak.com) as it was ?15 and the guy lived abut 3 mins away from me so I got to see it working with the new Tiger and FIFA. For the actual software, I have used whatever was on the stick. Will be speaking to Yanobi (sp?) in the near future to buy an upgradeable stick, but for now, Im happy with what I have as I wanna play some of the old classics like GTA and GT Prologue. Just trying to find some downloadable games in English. D/L PES11 and found it was the Euo version, but a piratebayer linked to the English commentry and text files so will give that a go tonight, suppose I will just look where the similiar files are stored in the game folder and copy the ENG counterparts there! Heres hoping!

iman
4th November, 2010, 06:30 PM
This may help your usbbreak update problem PSGroove.com Blog Archiv ATMega16A Payload Injector Project (http://psgroove.com/?p=2116)