PDA

View Full Version : Satelite dreambox

gingerninja
3rd December, 2008, 05:16 PM
i have cable dreambox and with all this talk about vm upgrades and how good the nagra 3 is on sky what do the sat dream boxes do?i.e do you get any premium channels etc

opsmonkey
3rd December, 2008, 05:24 PM
you need to have an official sky sub to watch in dreambox or be on a card sharing ring with someone that does or have access to a share that has a sky sub..

the sat dreambox opens up a much bigger world than cable.. ie if you have the right info you can watch premium tv from across europe.. Live Prem Football inc 3pm Kick Offs.. Films.. ~~~~.. Football from across the globe.. the list is endless :)

gingerninja
3rd December, 2008, 06:03 PM
sounds cool. do you get the basic package and then get info as per cable dm. if so i dont get why people say that the codes cannot be broken or is that what they think?

opsmonkey
3rd December, 2008, 08:28 PM
no mate you dont get access to anything apart from FTA satellite..
depending on what emu you have installed will depend on what packages are opened.. its nothing like cable as on cable there is only 1 provider.. but on sat, depending on your dish size there are hundereds and hundreds of providers to choose from..

providers like Sky UK and Sky IT will only open up if you have a share, other providers will open purely by the emu eg ART or Showtime..