PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox EPG v's Dbox EPG

dco
16th April, 2008, 11:17 PM
Have Dbox. Feel EPG is very limited only seeing 1 day ahead.
Are the Dreambox EPGs any better???

Thanks

C64
16th April, 2008, 11:29 PM
Nope.

Both boxes use similar (but different) versions of the same software, and so far no-one has been able to get theDreambox to extract the necessary info from the stream, you can however use plugins which (when connected to the Internet) will give you a program guide for up to a month!

Curious123
17th April, 2008, 12:23 AM
If you use the Pli images they have an sqlite plugin which will give you an EPG of 14 days.

dco
18th April, 2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys. Fantastic to know that there is at least some way to get longer EPG.

Are any of these plugins available for the Dbox??

I'm assuming that the Pli images are for the dreambox.

Neil
18th April, 2008, 09:44 PM
If you use the Pli images they have an sqlite plugin which will give you an EPG of 14 days.

Have you tried it yourself? I read somewhere that it was a little bit tempremental

tinbox11
18th April, 2008, 09:58 PM
why I seems forever running out of memory in dreambox 500 to add any plugin? there are few very good EPG plugin from various image. does anyone had the same problem?

Neil
18th April, 2008, 10:06 PM
why I seems forever running out of memory in dreambox 500 to add any plugin? there are few very good EPG plugin from various image. does anyone had the same problem?

Most of the EPG plugings store the EPG data on either the hard drive, compact flash or USB stick. A 500 can use none of these, that could be why.