PDA

View Full Version : SCANIA R420 2004 yr. 309Kw

carclima
29th October, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hello !
guys I need help on wiring for this truck.today I spend few hours in searching for reason why dont work front right flasher lamp..wire on lamp is market VIS 116 in headlamp,but I cant find it inside truck..can any of you look in something and mail me some help in this trouble..I have all other flasher work..only front right dont work...

what is flasher unit in this truck ? anybody have schematic for conection on this part ??

chasis is XLER4X20005110162

regards and thanks !

mobielke
29th October, 2010, 08:49 PM
hello,

flasher unit is integrated in the VIS(ibility) module
This is located behind the acelarator pedal
Wiring mostly get broken where the cable leaves
the cabin on left or right side

carclima
29th October, 2010, 09:05 PM
hello,

flasher unit is integrated in the VIS(ibility) module
This is located behind the acelarator pedal
Wiring mostly get broken where the cable leaves
the cabin on left or right side

first thanks for this..accelerator pedal..man this is only place where I didnt search..I open whole right side with fusebox and modules under fuse box and search for this wire ..but no luck..also search in central yunction box on cabin where cables leave cabine and go down to chasis..ther is no cable there with marks VIS 116..so I will dismantle left (driver side) and search for VIS modul..on this side i didnt notice any yunction for cabels from cabine ..only lot of air pipes..I will check tomorow..do you have conection schematic for this VIS MODULE ? can you mail me this part sch.only?

I understand what you mean about broken cabel but truck have only 230 000 km for us this is new truck we dont search broken wires before first 1 000 000 km..comon this is SCANIA looks like star ship on the road betwen so many old mercedes,eurostar iveco MAN 2 stuff like that..
anyway thanks for this info hope that you understand how hard is work without any documentation..I was repairing webasto and driver ask can I rep.flasher..of corse this is simple..and after 3 or 4 hors of work..sory man Iam not smart enough to find wire..will do it next time..~~~~~~~

Regards and THANKS again !

baburs
30th October, 2010, 06:39 AM
I understand what you mean about broken cabel but truck have only 230 000 km for us this is new truck we dont search broken wires before first 1 000 000 km.

Nice country 5 years,230000, original cables we change them every winter....
Try to find this cable in C1 (large connector under plastick cover in left side near air connections) number of pin 6(violet cable).

carclima
30th October, 2010, 02:37 PM
Nice country 5 years,230000, original cables we change them every winter....
Try to find this cable in C1 (large connector under plastick cover in left side near air connections) number of pin 6(violet cable).

sooo..maybe this 230 000 are not true...I see trucks from german market with 600 tkm in 5 years old trucks.so probably some of our coleaqs repair that tacho..ok so this is usual stuff like on old iveco ..OK I will search for it next week now I have 6 webasto heaters to repair......

yes you are right..there is one conector under air pipes..how the hell I didnt see it when I look on truck..I see only on other side big box with 3 or more conectors....mail you result next week..now I have fast profit yob..so ..

regards and thanks !

sory forgot to inform.....solved ..it was broken few wiren from that conector to chasis..thank you for usefull info on this subject..

regards!

TanSH
6th July, 2011, 03:29 PM
Does any one came across to this problem, is it possible to recode used EBS control unit? I mean is Scania R420 can replace a second hand EBS control unit?

baburs
6th July, 2011, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=TanSH;1166077 I mean is Scania R420 can replace a second hand EBS control unit?[/QUOTE]
It is no problem, just of work in 5 minutes if you have VCI2 with SDP3 scania diagnose tool.