PDA

View Full Version : A6 2004 can MM M73 new model

drpeter
30th October, 2010, 09:00 PM
Tried this car today, did many times simular car with succes but this one didn't go by OBD. I used diga, reading was not okay so I took VAGPROG, reading was fine, I programmed new value, then cluster became 0 km. After that VAGPROG said ''cluster not supported contact Smelecom''. But actual mileage reading was still ok, drove 5 km and mileage is still counting.

It is a Magneti Marelli M73 cluster.

Customer not happy, I said why? I just gave you a brand new car!

Didn't had more tools with me so I go back tomorrow.
Anyone has tips to do this car? Never took this cluster out was not needed, so don't have info about chip also.
Maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks mates

z786
30th October, 2010, 09:17 PM
that happend to me once, have u tryed disconnecting the battery for 10 mins?

T72
30th October, 2010, 09:22 PM
that happend to me once, have u tryed disconnecting the battery for 10 mins?
yes, but what will be after some KM I do not know, really must disconect batery without driving!
There is no way by eeprom!

T72
30th October, 2010, 09:35 PM
think must drive now for 100-150km and try with vagprog agayn

z786
30th October, 2010, 09:37 PM
doesnt it work of instances of 16km?

T72
30th October, 2010, 09:40 PM
doesnt it work of instances of 16km?
do not know :hmmmm2:

tachonow
30th October, 2010, 09:47 PM
After correction for this car you must NOT DISCONNECT battery for least 80km. Else km jump back. SO. Disconnecting the battery km now must jump back to original. It happens to me with DP3 correction.

motorsport
31st October, 2010, 04:27 AM
Tried this car today, did many times simular car with succes but this one didn't go by OBD. I used diga, reading was not okay so I took VAGPROG, reading was fine, I programmed new value, then cluster became 0 km. After that VAGPROG said ''cluster not supported contact Smelecom''. But actual mileage reading was still ok, drove 5 km and mileage is still counting.

It is a Magneti Marelli M73 cluster.

Customer not happy, I said why? I just gave you a brand new car!

Didn't had more tools with me so I go back tomorrow.
Anyone has tips to do this car? Never took this cluster out was not needed, so don't have info about chip also.
Maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks mates

A6 AND Q7 or same curent value reading is not avaible it need just write directly after writing need switch ignition off and ON and it will displayed new value

ION CRISTI
31st October, 2010, 08:32 AM
tachonow are right. I also happened the same thing. I change vag prog km as the Audi A6 in 2006, gave the device and wrote 0km error, I tried once and it worked. I tried to change and edc 16, but after ignition off to on appears original km in EDC16. i disconect battery but from dash appear original km

drpeter
31st October, 2010, 09:06 AM
tachonow are right. I also happened the same thing. I change vag prog km as the Audi A6 in 2006, gave the device and wrote 0km error, I tried once and it worked. I tried to change and edc 16, but after ignition off to on appears original km in EDC16. i disconect battery but from dash appear original km

I disconnect the battery, try it again and let you know.

Thanks. If it doesn't work I have to remove the cluster there must be something inside :-).

antibisic
31st October, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Drpeter I think with diga you should not get old reading,after choose in menu Magneti marelli 04-you have to put old and new km and wait to diga find old mileage inside

sepistar
31st October, 2010, 11:40 AM
i have this dash done succesfull by diga.but you have to drive about 80 km,unless the dash will maintain the new value.
regards

drpeter
31st October, 2010, 12:00 PM
i have this dash done succesfull by diga.but you have to drive about 80 km,unless the dash will maintain the new value.
regards

Yes I know but this time diga let me down, I choose a6 mm '04 km just working on display, nothing else. Then I choose autodetect can, got m73 on screen but lower value on display. So i tried with vagprog results you can read above.
I am going to customer in 1 hour so let you know later.

Thanks all.

sepistar
31st October, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yes I know but this time diga let me down, I choose a6 mm '04 km just working on display, nothing else. Then I choose autodetect can, got m73 on screen but lower value on display. So i tried with vagprog results you can read above.
I am going to customer in 1 hour so let you know later.

Thanks all.

maybe can adapter is dead?
regards

kusasusa
31st October, 2010, 01:09 PM
I always chose the tacho 2008 MM 04 manuel and there was no problem, only the first time the problem was that it was in erorr dogle CAN adapter and did not want to not read or write.

You have white or black can dongle adapter????

drpeter
31st October, 2010, 02:56 PM
I always chose the tacho 2008 MM 04 manuel and there was no problem, only the first time the problem was that it was in erorr dogle CAN adapter and did not want to not read or write.

You have white or black can dongle adapter????

Problem solved, can dongle was ok because I could read with autodetect if defect then also only working on display.

I let customer charge battery overnight. Battery level was 50 procent, maybe that was the problem. I disconnected the battery waited 15 minutes. Old original mileage didn't jumped back, tried with diga again, '04 and worked fine, old km, diga search for mileage records and programmed fine.

tachonow
31st October, 2010, 04:01 PM
Problem solved, can dongle was ok because I could read with autodetect if defect then also only working on display.

I let customer charge battery overnight. Battery level was 50 procent, maybe that was the problem. I disconnected the battery waited 15 minutes. Old original mileage didn't jumped back, tried with diga again, '04 and worked fine, old km, diga search for mileage records and programmed fine.
Old km didnt jump back because the car drivin. If you disconnect batt without drivin sure jump back.

drpeter
31st October, 2010, 06:42 PM
Old km didnt jump back because the car drivin. If you disconnect batt without drivin sure jump back.

Of course but not after 100 km customer drove only 22km :)