PDA

View Full Version : Sky UK fav set for the older person. on a Openbox S9

Data7
31st October, 2010, 04:37 PM
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5EBYRIKG)
This is the latest firmware 10/10/2010 plus my attempt at sorting a set of favs for my 78 year old mother. the Fav1 is set for everything ie all the channels she would need to use. then the Fav2 is set to entertainments then Fav 3 is set Movies Fav 4 is set Documentries Fav 5 Music Fav 6 Kids Fav 7 Sport Fav 8 HD channels. This is set so the older person could just leave it on fav1 and never have to find the fav button to change things .They only have to remember wha channel number they want. Job done. this has took me two full days as the "everything" bouquet is a real pain to edit.
PS I have removed the pain in the rear end sky channels that cause a reboot cycle.

the man
31st October, 2010, 04:50 PM
thanks buddy

boywonder786
10th November, 2010, 06:20 PM
How does one install the favorites?
I have done the firmware no probs.
Which option do I choose?

Kennyken
10th November, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hows everyone finding this box ?

patelar
28th January, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hi

Is this download still using the old firmware as new one released in Jan2011
( see post Latest channel list>>THANKS TO LAURELS53)

I will swap to yours if it is still working but I could do with adding only few extra channels e.g Islam and Peace TV.
I only know how to do a full scan but is it possible to individually add one or two extra channels and how? :puke:

Thanks for any help/advice

wappy
30th January, 2011, 11:54 PM
i have the Jan firmware and this file is working for me :)

Just what i was after Thanks given

bernado
3rd February, 2011, 02:34 PM
If the old firmware is combined in the channel list file, wouldn't it over write the (newer) firmware already installed though?