PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox Max...I am going to need help please.

Jaffa
17th April, 2008, 01:22 AM
Got txtx msg from my brother earlier.

Left a couple of dreamboxes for you to sort out bro...lol

I really dont mind doing it as I learn from these things, the dreambox I may be able to handle (thx to Kaos and crew) but at the minute I am struggling, but he left a Eurovox Max..I have never even seen a Eurovox max before and have no idea what I am going to do, its late and I am going to bed now but will connect it tomorrow and see whats what.

Any pointers would be appreciated, I have searched as always but I am confused with all the blue, Red, green, Black sh1t.

I am soft as sh1t.

Full moon, half moon, total eclipse, good night and lights out.

Thanks to anyone that response to this nonsense.

toto67
17th April, 2008, 01:33 AM
I just done a euro vox2 today or whatever the ~~~~ its called and honestly m8,sorted it first time..The biggest hassle was editing all the ~~~~ing channels..Id say that doing that box was a piece of piss compared to my first dbox2..Now that was fun:)

raf_shc
17th April, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hiya mate,

Its really easy, if its a eurovox max V 2008 model like mine then updating it is a piece of p!$$! All u have to do is download the appropriate exe file which you can get from the downloads section and connect then click on start! it updates it.

Also with the new firmware it sorts out the channels into favourites itself into the most popular categories! lol! so really is a lot simpler for a newbie to do.

Jaffa
17th April, 2008, 09:54 AM
Right now, I have found out it is a Eurovox max blue (not a clone) so I have got the file to sort it.

I will have to go to my mums as I dont have a serial port on my lappy. Do I need to connect it to the tv or can I just use the file with pc then bring it back here. ???

Also...do I need any other software or just the fix file ???

smirnoff_rules
17th April, 2008, 09:59 AM
Right now, I have found out it is a Eurovox max blue (not a clone) so I have got the file to sort it.

I will have to go to my mums as I dont have a serial port on my lappy. Do I need to connect it to the tv or can I just use the file with pc then bring it back here. ???

Also...do I need any other software or just the fix file ???
the installers built into the program m8 just click download and u only need to have to power on . take home turn on an it will start to scan again m8

toto67
17th April, 2008, 10:47 AM
Its a bit or messing around I think without a tv as you might get back home and the ~~~~er aint working,thats why I always use a wee portable when doing any box,just to make sure its working and lets you see what you doing..

Jaffa
17th April, 2008, 11:59 AM
Got the firmware on and I am now in the process of a power scan as I dont have a data file, if all goes well he can sort the channels out to suit himself, as long as its working I will be happy, will let you know.

Thanks.

Jaffa
17th April, 2008, 01:15 PM
All sorted, piece of piss as already said by raf_shc. Not a bad wee box either but I still like my dbox2 best.

Thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated.