PDA

View Full Version : Is this evidence of time travel???

hoggy952
31st October, 2010, 11:21 PM
Is this evidence of time travel???

Tis is a clip from a Charlie Chaplin film premiere in Los Angeles in 1928

Watch the person who comes into shot second in the second scene behind the rather unconvincing zebra - if this was filmed today you would say (s)he was using a mobile phone!
YouTube - Charlie Chaplin's time traveler

Cronus
31st October, 2010, 11:49 PM

No mate,its not.

Its been debunked all over the internet. :cool:

RSwire
1st November, 2010, 12:15 AM
Nope not time travel, he's just checking the vibrate function on his beeper.:laugh:

chroma
1st November, 2010, 02:33 PM
how does i hear conversation?
http://www.vanleestantiek.com/images/objects/100Dome-ear-trumpet.jpg

hoggy952
1st November, 2010, 10:00 PM
Yes there are a number of such pieces of 'evidence' I was looking at one the other day where a similar aged photograph contained someone wearing a hoodie with a logo on the front and ultra modern sunglasses, I will see if it is in my browser history
sorry cant find it but saw this on you tube
YouTube - Time travel with proof

hoggy952
1st November, 2010, 10:05 PM
Here is the link which is ahem 'interesting'

TIME TRAVEL: Strong evidence or major hoax???, page 1 (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread554765/pg1)

GastonJ
1st November, 2010, 10:22 PM
We all travel in time, just one way, so yes there is such a thing as time travel, happens every second of the day. never known it not happen, have you?

If the question is "can people travel to any point in time?" then you have to ask why people don't leap forward to the next lottery draw, grab the numbers, come back, buy the ticket and win the lottery. I've seen no vidence of that as yet, and I know it would be the first thing I'd do.

patkins
2nd November, 2010, 12:43 AM
Like Chroma the first thing I thought of was an ear horn which was the forerunner of the hearing aid.

chroma
2nd November, 2010, 01:57 AM
The idea of time travel is highly flawed to begin with.

Take for example the earth rotates on its axis at roughly 1070mph (at the equator)

Then the earth revolves around the sun at roughly 67,000mph

The solar system istelf is in constant motion moving at roughly 490,000mph around the center of the milky way.

The milky way rotates around another cluster of galaxies called the local group at roughly 2,236,936mph.

It goes even further with the local group traveling around the center of the universe, although speeds here are sketchy as theres no real referencce point for the rotation or direction of travel thus far.

So where we are this instant is a couple of million miles from where we'll be in just a few seconds.

So say i built a time machine to jump me back in time by just an hour, id be instantly transported back to a place where the earth doesnt even fall under my feet, id be ejected out into the friendly vacuum of space waiting for earth to travel the several million miles to reach my current destination.

The more time you want to go backwards or forwards the greater the distance covered would need to be, so you would need to accurately plot the route of the earth for that timeframe and figure out a way to travel there instantly with the travel barrier being 671,000,000mph at present you would presumably wind up only being able to travel backwards of forwards in time by a few hours before you run in to the light speed barrier.

The time machine itself seems like the easy part to me, its the breaking lightspeed part that would be hardest.

umhawkin
2nd November, 2010, 04:15 AM
fascinating

pphill
4th November, 2010, 12:58 AM
in 1928 how did he get a signal?

hcip
4th November, 2010, 02:04 AM
in 1928 how did he get a signal?

He he he, she is using a "Morse Code" mate:thefinger:

even she has and old model cellphone, cellsites is not exist during that time

affinitymax
4th November, 2010, 02:25 AM
ah yes, so many problems, but remember they said the same about the sound barrier

krawczuk
5th November, 2010, 10:02 PM
No mate,its not.

Its been debunked all over the internet. :cool:

tell me where its been debunked......

the only way to maybe , possibly debunk it is toi talk to somebody that was ACTUALLY there when the movie was shot....

not listening to what people presume

flyingpig
5th November, 2010, 11:50 PM
How can people time travel? Its just so implausible...

If you travelled faster than the speed of light, you may well see where the light was back then, but you wont actually physically see anything.,., or hear anything, coz the sound has well gone....

Or even as Croma said, the universe has well moved by then!!

nara
6th November, 2010, 12:39 AM
tell me where its been debunked......

He just did. :confused:

short360uk
6th November, 2010, 10:04 PM
this vid again lol. its already been proven its an iphone 4 they sent it back in time hopin people in 1928 couldn't jailbreak it but geohots great great grandad is charlie chaplin and he did it straight after the premiere with the 3G signal he pumps out of his walkin stick

DarkKnight
8th November, 2010, 01:51 PM
Michael J. Fox was born on June 9, 1961

I have an exclusive picture of him dated back to 1885 :

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ziq70g.jpg

100% proof of time travel existence...

lfc4life
8th November, 2010, 02:33 PM

Tis is a clip from a Charlie Chaplin film premiere in Los Angeles in 1928

Watch the person who comes into shot second in the second scene behind the rather unconvincing zebra - if this was filmed today you would say (s)he was using a mobile phone!
YouTube - Charlie Chaplin's time traveler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3qesTjOE8&feature=player_embedded)

i dont understand that when you watch this clip! The woman seems to go transparent?!

Dreamer
8th November, 2010, 02:45 PM
i dont understand that when you watch this clip!

The woman seems to go transparent?! Jeez don't you know anything about time travel lfc? lol
That will be her teleporting.

frankharrison
11th November, 2010, 12:13 PM
If you've got the technology to time travel you will have the technology to adjust for movement of the Earth in space. Simples!
It'd be difficult to prove one way or another anyway because you'd have to be there at the begining and the end with other witnesses.
I for one don't care when WW3 starts I'm going back to 2063 anyway :)

hcip
11th November, 2010, 12:18 PM
If Time Travel is true, I want to travel Backward until I became a one drop of sperm cell :eek::eek:

Dreamer
11th November, 2010, 02:35 PM
If Time Travel is true, I want to travel Backward until I became a one drop of sperm cell :eek::eek: apparantly it is possible to go forward in time but not to go back in time. So the scientist say:hmmmm:

nara
11th November, 2010, 03:24 PM
apparantly it is possible to go forward in time but not to go back in time. So the scientist say:hmmmm:

Yep, I've travelled forward 24 hours since this time yesterday. ;)

frankharrison
11th November, 2010, 04:28 PM
They say you can only travel forward so that you don't go back in time with Lottery winning numbers :)

DarkKnight
15th November, 2010, 02:55 PM
YouTube - The Deconstructor - S01E03: Time Travel (1 of 2)

YouTube - The Deconstructor - S01E03: Time Travel (2 of 2)

nara
23rd January, 2011, 08:18 PM
The clockers are out in force tonight.

charlie1952
27th January, 2011, 10:55 PM
so doctor hoo is load bubble im no telling my grandson that

chroma
29th January, 2011, 01:01 PM
ah yes, so many problems, but remember they said the same about the sound barrier

The sound barrier was more a problem of friction coefficients, shear and torsional forces and material strength problems.

The faster you go through the air the greater the forces of air friction become and that translates directly onto wingspan problems, the ability to control drag (without it aircraft fall out the sky, cant turn, etc) and directly impacts the forces put onto the body of the aircraft.

Supersonic travel was a problem not due to the speed (jet engines are fairly easy to manufacture, far simpler than internal combustions) it was down to aircraft breaking up under the forces or wings refusing to function normally to control drag.

Superluminal on the other hand is a LOT more problematic, as you approach the speed of light your mass gets bigger, at the speed of light it becomes infinite. In order to move an infinite mass you need infinite energy. So conventional rocket going past the speed of light or even getting remotely close becomes absurd. This applies in Special Relativity.

General Relativity is essentially just Special with gravity added to it, using that you can theoretically travel massive distances quicker than light could get there, but you still cant breech the speed of light in a vacuum.
This sounds odd until you understand that your not travelling faster than light your just introducing a shortcut, like two people approaching a house, one using the path and the other jumping over the garden fence.

Its all to do with folding 4d space-time by using super massive gravity, it works well on paper, but you need negative energy to stop the gravity from collapsing in on itself. There's nothing discovered as yet that would supply negative energy.

So yeah its all a pipe dream.
Supersonic travel was more a material and force problem that was fairly simple to overcome, the physics always agreed it was possible.
Superluminal travel has always been a problem regarding the physics and maths, never down to materials or designs.

bald rick
29th January, 2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by hcip http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f85/evidence-time-travel-169857/index2.html#post842532)
If Time Travel is true, I want to travel Backward until I became a one drop of sperm cell :eek::eek:

you wont know if your coming or going

tshirtman
31st January, 2011, 03:18 AM
It's a
"Lutz Ferrando Ear Trumpet and Etui"

Lutz Ferrando Ear Trumpet and Etui - Medical Antique (http://www.phisick.com/a7et82lutz.htm)