PDA

View Full Version : can admin or any one explain this...

gmb45
2nd November, 2010, 04:47 AM
( confusion sorted, but i thought i would leave this pick incase any other member sees the same thing in the future )

had problens logging on this morning, kept getting a parsing error, then i noticed what i thought was a banned member in the whos on line list, i didnt recognise the members name so i clicked on it this is what i got---> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/74897-gmb45/albums/proper-smilies/4017-123.jpg under the usersname- forum developer, and current activity- admin control panel, really strange this :hmmmm: i havnt seen anything like this in 2 years on dk, except when i was spying on father ted ;) and his current activity was moderator control panel :eek: thought he was a secret mod lol .( glitch in system )

not *confused.com* any more

* for the peeps using the default skin and wondering where some of the forums have gone, when u click on the forum link top left of the page and scroll down you will notice 4 new links for cable, satellite, garage forums*

:edit: have just recieved pm from yotsume confirming that that the changes have been made on behalf of dk admin :top:

new links/tabs have been added to-->

1- default
2- charcoal
3- original

any chance of this bloke doing the same with the links above the chatbox ?
atm they look very untidy.

could a post be made next time theres any changes made, it will save any confusion in the future. ( from me any way )

Xram
2nd November, 2010, 05:17 AM
Noticed that about 1 am but now that the site is back running pages properly sat cable and garage sections are missing unless you use forum jump at the top. though there were about 70 or so users on line i didn't look to see who was messing around. makes a change from usual ddos attacks on forums though most server providers do have fixs for ddos these day.
though by the looks of it id say its not a hack as the forums still here and looks better with the tabs keeps the page shorter rather than having to scroll for ages its just a simple tab.

gmb45
2nd November, 2010, 06:22 AM
confusion cleared up by yotsume ( forum developer on behalf of admin )

yotsume
2nd November, 2010, 08:05 AM
The forum should be all fine with the new "Tab System" installed now. There should not be any missing forums.

Here is a screenshot of the new tabs for navigation in the forum:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/211600-yotsume/albums/tabbed-navigation-system/4018-forum-tab-system.jpg

ENJOY!

steppenwolf
2nd November, 2010, 10:08 AM
Well done mate. It is easier now with the tabs but as I can see the forum is bit slower with requesting contents when you pick a tab. Best Regards. Cheers.

zaphodbb
2nd November, 2010, 10:33 AM
well done its a lot better and easy to use, but can we have a giant recycle bin please to put gmbs spam posts in, like a huge skip with greedy boards on the sides. ta much :D

Dreamer
2nd November, 2010, 01:49 PM
well done its a lot better and easy to use, but can we have a giant recycle bin please to put gmbs spam posts in, like a huge skip with greedy boards on the sides. ta much :D

I think Yotsume has enough to do just now.. looking after gmb's posts is a full time postion in itself lol

Devilfish
2nd November, 2010, 02:03 PM
Certain things still need to be ironed out, the columns on the forum homepage are not in the correct position so should hopefully be fixed soon.

sob1467
2nd November, 2010, 06:40 PM
This tab system for the homepage of DK is great. Keep up the good work:congrats:

Devilfish
2nd November, 2010, 10:58 PM
There will be realtime tabs added to the actual homepage soon.

Digital Kaos - Cable & Satellite Forum (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk)

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2010, 12:35 AM
*not complaing* As this is the worlds best website:-

Maybee a temparay thing

1) no 'live' posts on skin christmas2008
2) Any chance of an 'hour meter' under each profile

Meaty.

Devilfish
3rd November, 2010, 12:22 PM
At the moment, it's only the default skin we're working on. And sorry but if it's added to any more skins, it won't be the christmas one, probably only original and charcoal.