PDA

View Full Version : BMW ews random code incorrect

stupidguy
2nd November, 2010, 05:10 AM
Hello again all,

I have a 2001 e39 540i in the shop. It has a current draw we need to check as it dies after about 2 days. When one of the salesmen jumped the car it would no longer crank to start.
Reading codes with GT1 it has codes for EWS 3.3 Incorrect random code. And dme code for dmw-ews communication not clear, or the like. I'm not at the shop and I'm going off memory. DME-EWS can not be synchronized, it fails with key in ignition not authorized. It displays that it is key number 1 but that it is not authorized. DIS is of no use, it advises me to try another key. This is the only key for the car. Anybody know what can be done to correct this? I have DIS, SSS, and BMW scan 1.36. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Greg

vanos batam
2nd November, 2010, 05:15 AM
Hello again all,

I have a 2001 e39 540i in the shop. It has a current draw we need to check as it dies after about 2 days. When one of the salesmen jumped the car it would no longer crank to start.
Reading codes with GT1 it has codes for EWS 3.3 Incorrect random code. And dme code for dmw-ews communication not clear, or the like. I'm not at the shop and I'm going off memory. DME-EWS can not be synchronized, it fails with key in ignition not authorized. It displays that it is key number 1 but that it is not authorized. DIS is of no use, it advises me to try another key. This is the only key for the car. Anybody know what can be done to correct this? I have DIS, SSS, and BMW scan 1.36. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Greg

read EWS
then post the dump

stupidguy
2nd November, 2010, 05:40 AM
Can it be read with bmw scanner 1.36? Or do I have to read the PIC with a programmer? Sorry, this is new territory for me.

dikseln
2nd November, 2010, 07:51 AM
If the fix code is OK and random code is KO, the problem is in mistmach key and EWS. Unfortunately the GT1 don't help you in this case. So, is necessary to reprogram that key in EWS. The first step read EWS, second edit EWS and reprogram key. If you dont have the editor we help you.

gtmech
2nd November, 2010, 12:32 PM
Can it be read with bmw scanner 1.36? Or do I have to read the PIC with a programmer? Sorry, this is new territory for me.

yeh mate you need to use the X-Prog-m Programmer to read the EWS and then you can post the Dump here. Or you could use this to read the EWS aswell, alot of guys use this

New BMW KEY PROGRAMMER_Auto Key Programmer_Auto ECU Tools_China KEYECU | Automotive diagnostic tools The most comprehensive automotive expert services (http://www.keyecu.com/goods.php?id=378)

stupidguy
2nd November, 2010, 05:43 PM
That's exactly what I was looking at. The dump of the eeprom is not what you need? Here's what 1.36 gave me.

immo_key
2nd November, 2010, 06:21 PM
That's exactly what I was looking at. The dump of the eeprom is not what you need? Here's what 1.36 gave me.

Hello

Reset your ews with ews editor
Make new key then sinc with Gt1

Many good people on this forum so please post dump ecu - ews.

Regard
immokey

stupidguy
2nd November, 2010, 06:41 PM
How do I reset with ews editor? Do I need a new key blank?
And a programmer?

immo_key
2nd November, 2010, 07:14 PM
How do I reset with ews editor? Do I need a new key blank?
And a programmer?

Hello Sir

I'm just trying you dump with EWS editor, mybe you have the wrong size dump.
What tool you use when reading ews ?
You can use the old key but must have the original ews editor hardware.
Unless someone tells us how...

Sorry my Ingglish is very poooor:wavey:

Regard
immokey

stupidguy
2nd November, 2010, 10:04 PM
For that dump I used BMW scanner 1.36. I'm not sure if it's sufficient. I ordered a key programmer today.

diimon
2nd November, 2010, 10:11 PM
you need also programmer for MCU hc11EA9, 1.36 read not all dump

stupidguy
2nd November, 2010, 11:29 PM
I have this coming to read the dump. New BMW KEY PROGRAMMER_Key Programm_Locksmith Tools_Auto Locksmith Tools_obd2, auto scan tool, auto ecu, auto scanners, key programmer (http://www.sinosells.com/goods-2591-New+BMW+KEY+PROGRAMMER.html)

Now will I have to reprogram the ews or reprogram a key?
This device will read the ews but not program it correct?
Should I just buy a new key from BMW? This is getting expensive.

milanovic
3rd November, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hello

Reset your ews with ews editor
Make new key then sinc with Gt1

Many good people on this forum so please post dump ecu - ews.

Regard
immokey

Hi guys.
Your solutions are not corect.
If youu don't know how to solved, pls don't post some solutions.

Tech_SOS
4th November, 2010, 04:09 AM
Hi guys.

Edited for content

immo_key
4th November, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hi guys.

Hallo bos

I just want to try to help and expect others to participate and help. I do not understand using the solder to the dump.
I'm using original ews editor to work on bmw key. What I do is just read the key and then read the EWS and we started looking for something that is wrong. Having met the wrong and fix it just write it again in the EWS and the next sync Gt1

I've tried to help but he dum seems wrong.

regard:wavey:

dikseln
4th November, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi,
the files is 256byte, should be 512 or 1024byte. Read the MCU in right mode (desolder and after read with ETL or serial mode with XProg)

stupidguy
4th November, 2010, 05:57 PM
I have the key programmer coming to dump the EWS. As soon as it's here I'll post it. I appreciate all the help.
I do have another question about the programmer.
It says it will program PCF transponders 7930, 7931, 7935 It's here
http://www.sinosells.com/goods-2591New+BMW+KEY+PROGRAMMER.html (http://www.sinosells.com/goods-2591New+BMW+KEY+PROGRAMMER.html)

The key uses an IC 10030A as per opening the key and reading here
Transponder key for 95~04 04BMW KEY REMOTE PROGRAMMER E38 E39 E46 3 5 7 X5 - Transponder key for 95~04 04BMW KEY REMOTE PROGRAMMER E38 E39 E46 3 5 7 X5 (bmw 1),auto key from www.autokeytransponder.com (http://www.tradevv.com/chinasuppliers/keyshop_p_d534a/china-Transponder-key-for-95-04-04BMW-KEY-REMOTE-PROGRAMMER-E38-E39-E46-3-5-7-X5.html)

I have many of these keys that I can cut open, replace chip and install in new key blanks, which would save me a lot of money over buying new remote keys.
Will the first programmer, that I have coming, program the 10030A chip?
Or should I buy this as well?
HITAG2 & GAMBIT 2-IN-1 PROGRAMMER_Key Programm_Locksmith Tools_Auto Locksmith Tools_obd2, auto scan tool, auto ecu, auto scanners, key programmer (http://www.sinosells.com/goods-2571-HITAG2++GAMBIT+2-IN-1+PROGRAMMER.html)

stupidguy
4th November, 2010, 06:24 PM
Never mind I answered my question...They call that chip eml and eml is listed as programmable in Gambit programmer.
Now, can the EML 10030a chip be removed from the keyless entry board and just insert a 7930, 7931, or 7935 chip instead?
I realize it would not be soldered in in it's place, but just inserted in an empty space. Or does the EWS for that car require that chip? I'm not clear on these products as the description is usually very cryptic English. Thanks again for you help.

stupidguy
11th November, 2010, 11:18 PM
Ok, so I got the programmer. Installed software and plugged in. I selected EWS3 with 0D46J. Using the mask I get error: No echo from MCU. I don't know if I have a bad programmer or a bad MCU? I cleaned the contacts all around the mcu with a vey small blade to get the protective spray off. Still no communication. I get the same error if I run it with the boadr disconnected from the programmer. Any help would be much appreciated.

tachonow
11th November, 2010, 11:29 PM
Should be enough a simply hc11 programmer like upa, etl, xprog for reading ews mcu. You need to reset rollin codes from dump with ews editor in order to start the car.

stupidguy
11th November, 2010, 11:42 PM
I was planning on reading the dump, and making a new key.
But when I try to read the mcu I get an error: no echo from MCU.

vares
12th November, 2010, 12:56 AM
Something is wrong with connections between programmer and motorola.What is programmer?

stupidguy
12th November, 2010, 06:11 AM
New BMW KEY PROGRAMMER_Key Programm_Locksmith Tools_Auto Locksmith Tools_obd2, auto scan tool, auto ecu, auto scanners, key programmer (http://www.sinosells.com/goods-2591-New+BMW+KEY+PROGRAMMER.html)

I'm using this programmer. It communicates with the software fine. The lights on the programmer all light as the instructions show. Is it possible that the mcu is bad? This did all start after jump starting the car. But this is also my first attempt.

tachonow
12th November, 2010, 07:25 AM
Thats why upa is better. It show voltage connections. This way you can see whats wrong.

stupidguy
12th November, 2010, 05:49 PM
Are there masks available? I'm not very good at soldering.
I do not have a solder station either.

DJAMY
13th November, 2010, 11:41 AM
read EWS 3 , many programmer can read on board or ICP
ETL , xprogm by K line is good , or from MCU .
no programm any thing ,
just read keep your file
many tools can programm EWS3 bmw key
use google
bring transponder pc7930 or pc 7935
choose key number , programm key ex No 04
car will start normaly many times no need alignement EWS/DDE DME
thats all

bali motor
13th November, 2010, 08:21 PM
I THINK YOU ARE USING THE WRONG TOOLS.
EWS3 NOT NEED TO OPEN CHIP. EXCEPT 2D47J.

AND CHECK THE KEY. IF STILL CAN READ., YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE A NEW KEY. ONLY MISTAKE WAS ROLLING ON KEY CODE.
YOU CAN DIRECT STAR ENGINE.

READ DUMP EWS, POST IT.

daniel sg
14th November, 2010, 01:37 AM
New BMW KEY PROGRAMMER_Key Programm_Locksmith Tools_Auto Locksmith Tools_obd2, auto scan tool, auto ecu, auto scanners, key programmer (http://www.sinosells.com/goods-2591-New+BMW+KEY+PROGRAMMER.html)

I'm using this programmer. It communicates with the software fine. The lights on the programmer all light as the instructions show. Is it possible that the mcu is bad? This did all start after jump starting the car. But this is also my first attempt.

Hi..
Possible cause is this tool Not good. Are chinese..
Just buy ETL prog.better for you

gta18
3rd December, 2010, 03:50 AM
guys, does any of you here know how to reprogram the mini cooper S 2003 r53 Transponder key?

Coz I ordered from ebay a blank transponder key for my mini and I don't know what I will need to program it to my car.

I found out that My car has EWS3.3

Thanks

Cozz
3rd December, 2010, 05:22 AM
stupidguy (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/99488-stupidguy/), by any chance was there an extra key made for the BMW by a method of opening up the EWS box recently before?

dune85872005
17th February, 2017, 09:41 AM
ak90 ........ read ews and make key......

AlbCoder
14th December, 2017, 12:04 AM
Hi Im not able to download the zipped software is there any way to download it?

hdtvman
24th January, 2019, 04:34 PM
I realize this is a very old thread, but I’m having a similar issue. I have managed to corrupt the random codes on my EWS for key no 3. I have read there is way to mod the EWS file to overcome this issue I'm having. I do have the file dump and I'm able to edit the file, just not sure where to make the correct changes to accomplish this fix.

If there is someone which can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly Appreciated!!!

kiszka
24th January, 2019, 06:15 PM
I realize this is a very old thread, but I’m having a similar issue. I have managed to corrupt the random codes on my EWS for key no 3. I have read there is way to mod the EWS file to overcome this issue I'm having. I do have the file dump and I'm able to edit the file, just not sure where to make the correct changes to accomplish this fix.

If there is someone which can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly Appreciated!!!
upload file ews

hdtvman
24th January, 2019, 07:16 PM
upload file ews

Key number 1, 3, and 5 are corrupt. Key 2 and 4 are fine..

Thanks for any help....

kiszka
24th January, 2019, 07:49 PM
Key number 1, 3, and 5 are corrupt. Key 2 and 4 are fine..

Thanks for any help....
ews new
press buttons

hdtvman
25th January, 2019, 07:35 PM
ews new
press buttons

Thank you for your help kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka).

I tried to PM you to thank you, but I must not be able to PM you, due to maybe I'm a newbie and don't have the privilege. Anyway thanks and I was curious what program did you use to make the corrections to the bin? Also, do I need to make any further changes to this bin before I write it back to the EWS? I was going to make sure the mileage was correct and then write it to the EWS. Is there anything else?

kiszka
25th January, 2019, 07:41 PM
Thank you for your help kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka).

I tried to PM you to thank you, but I must not be able to PM you, due to maybe I'm a newbie and don't have the privilege. Anyway thanks and I was curious what program did you use to make the corrections to the bin? Also, do I need to make any further changes to this bin before I write it back to the EWS? I was going to make sure the mileage was correct and then write it to the EWS. Is there anything else?
write and test, you do not need anything more, if the keys
they are certainly good
I had full PM
if it's full of satisfaction, press the reputation
is next to thank you on the right

hdtvman
25th January, 2019, 08:40 PM
So, I don't even need to adjust the mileage on the bin file? It will update to the correct mileage automatically from whats stored on the ECU/DME and gauge cluster?

hdtvman
26th January, 2019, 08:28 PM
they are certainly good
I had full PM

kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka) got a problem. I wrote that bin you made and now none of my keys are working. I then wrote the original bin back and still none of the keys are working. Any help you can suggest?

hdtvman
27th January, 2019, 01:53 AM
they are certainly good
I had full PM

Here is the key bin