PDA

View Full Version : peterbuild schematic needed

joshplianfield
2nd November, 2010, 06:59 PM
Looking for a power distribution schematics for a 2000 Pete 379, Vin # 1np5lu0x8yn531133,
got power at batteries,starter and alternator, no power at fuse block, not even the headlights come on with the switch, any schematics appreciated. I do have mitchell truck but no luck with a power schematic.

joshplianfield
2nd November, 2010, 08:15 PM
Ok I got some good schematics and am now looking for the location of the "main power relay",
also if anyone wants the schematics (factory ones for the 379) I can email them to you.

I'll probally upload schematics later for everyone.

Josh

djz4248
3rd November, 2010, 01:24 AM
head lamps should still work with or without relay. probably circuit breaker behind left frame rail next to starter. most people dont know its there. good for boken wire.

main power relay behind left dash panel. big wires and 2 wire plugin. behind it is body main breaker.

joshplianfield
3rd November, 2010, 01:59 AM
your good!

breaker behind the frame rail, yupper there is a broken wire, and it is corroded to all hell, that'll take care of the headlight and I'll have to dissassemble some of the dash to get to that breaker right?

thanks,
josh

djz4248
3rd November, 2010, 08:42 AM
fixing breaker on frame will probably take care of all your problems. breaker in dash should just feed key power items. it is accessable through left dash panel mounted to dash support. kind of sucks getting screws out it. breaker and relay are mounted back to back on a bracket. have never seeen bad breaker but reay is real common.

joshplianfield
4th November, 2010, 12:14 AM
Ok, this is now fixed, there was a main breaker IN the left frame rail with a heavilly corroded and broken wire, instead of replacing that one we have installed a new one and relocated it to a more visable spot, truck starts and run

thank you so much!

Josh