PDA

View Full Version : Anyone put a client out recently?

electromech
2nd November, 2010, 09:42 PM
Good day all at DK anyway client phone and wanted me to diagnose problem on vehicle and as usual I said sure it will cost $? to put my computer on it and $? per hour after that so he agreed to bring it around and let me spend some time on the car then I could give him a proper quote ...he arrived and someone else was driving the car so I directed the car to the "diagnostic bay" and said ok now you may go and he said no the guy driving is his (lawnmower)mechanic and I should show him how to diagnose and fix his car(IS THIS A WORKSHOP OR A ~~~CING PUBLIC EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE)................Hmmmmm.........I responded by directing him and his mechanic to the agents and insisting they rather give them a try as they are looking for apprentices...........something like this happen to anyone..........I love to have seen how my friend Meat-Head would responded in this situation

the_riddler
2nd November, 2010, 09:49 PM
Good day all at DK anyway client phone and wanted me to diagnose problem on vehicle and as usual I said sure it will cost $? to put my computer on it and $? per hour after that so he agreed to bring it around and let me spend some time on the car then I could give him a proper quote ...he arrived and someone else was driving the car so I directed the car to the "diagnostic bay" and said ok now you may go and he said no the guy driving is his (lawnmower)mechanic and I should show him how to diagnose and fix his car(IS THIS A WORKSHOP OR A ~~~CING PUBLIC EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE)................Hmmmmm.........I responded by directing him and his mechanic to the agents and insisting they rather give them a try as they are looking for apprentices...........something like this happen to anyone..........I love to have seen how my friend Meat-Head would responded in this situation

Iam glad to see you didn't entertain the idea of teaching
his "mechanic" how to fix a car..(i like to call these "fitters" because thats all they know..)
as soon as you had spent 3 hours, finding and diagnosing fault, his fitter would have fitted new parts..

Meat-Head
2nd November, 2010, 10:24 PM
Anyone put a client out recently?

....I love to have seen how my friend Meat-Head would responded in this situation

Put a client out recently, does smacking some bloke in the face with a bit of chain, smashing 6 teeth count?

Depends on the job and the car and if the customer smells

E.G.

The job is, blowing side light fuses and you see a new 'Goodmans'
you think, dumb~~~~ has earthed radio through sidelights

SOORY, MATE, NO PEASANTS IN WORKSHOP - INSURANCSE DON'T COVER YOU.

We did have a piece of plaster fall off the roof and onto a spanking new car with 25 miles on clock - bloke see it happen - we didn't charge him for the dustmark.

IF the job is

"Hello coont it's DFM Motors, this car keeps eating dynamo's, can you look"

Then would like the customer to be their so we can show him/her/it our findings.

Amine13
3rd November, 2010, 06:29 PM
I believe every guy of us has faced such situation, but the reactions will be so different as well, going from soft ones, to the worst :D !!

jdm2506
4th November, 2010, 01:24 AM
hi like your handling of the client,although i would prefer to give them a diagnostic report with only enough information to hang themselves with.
Have avehicle in just now, was running when i did diag on it ,client took it away to get his fitter to repair it,
it was brought back as a non runner, has a lot of faults now, so i am no longer prepared to quote cost of repair I do not mind helping other hepfull members in the motor trade but not @ my expense

Meat-Head
4th November, 2010, 08:26 AM
Have avehicle in just now, was running when i did diag on it ,client took it away to get his fitter to repair it,
it was brought back as a non runner, has a lot of faults now,

1) FRENCH?
2) you need to be ready for "you said it was xxxx" - write down in advace
why you said xxxx had failed - cracked, split etc etc
3) Suggest some dumb ~~~~ has trapped the wiring ?

Amine13
4th November, 2010, 11:23 AM
There are always new cars with new systems, but always same clients with stone edge minds :D

sinkyford
21st November, 2010, 02:32 PM
Any time a customer asks to use your toilet, all staff are primed
to say "we are waiting on the plumber". This prevents the one that comes straight back out claims he skidded and banged his
head, who does he claim? Always direct them to the local
GULP and BLOW they are insured up the ass for this type of
troublesome time waster.
Being polite,fair and decent at all times with people is common
courtesey, but minimise your liability.