PDA

View Full Version : Smoky Alfa jtd on startup & tickover

BeianM
2nd November, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hi, this edc16 2.4 jtd had overhauled injectors & a new ecu before I bought it. It runs ok, I have done 3k mls in it in the last few weeks. Computer recons it averages 34mpg, not bad but I thought it would do better than this as I have heard of 46 - 52 mpg. Anyway, it is quite smoky on startup & tickover. The original ecu had been re-mapped but I was told that the new ecu was original.
My question is, should this ecu be re-mapped due to the fact that the injectors have been overhauled. They are true to the original car & have not been swapped around. I understand that this has 5th injector cutout & tickover balancing. Using fiat ecu scan I can see the metering & it does appear that a couple of injectors are doing more than others. Pump pressure & delivery is good. My knowledge in this area is nada so any help much appreciated, last thing I want to do is take it to bosch service.

ominimicu
3rd November, 2010, 10:54 AM
i thing that the timing was modified when it was reprogrammed. First thing i would do, is write the original file back to the ECU and see if there are any changes. Or ectract the already present file and compare it to the original.

An original file is easy to get if you provide the serial number on the ECU. or using a flash tool

BeianM
4th November, 2010, 02:09 PM
Here is the file read from the ecu with geletto 1260 I tried to compare this with a file from the net with ecuflash but because it is 1,024kb & not the usual 512 it was not happy to continue. The reference file I have is also 1024. The ecu is bosch 0281010988. It would be nice to hear from the professionals on this one :)

Ok so DK wont let me upload this file as it is oversize. Anyone that can help please PM me but be aware I am away from friday through sunday.