PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo install and setup help?

NLYID
3rd November, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hi

can anyone help - I am about to recieve a complete mortorised system including a vu+duo reciever as i have been recommended this by a friend.

I am looking to install and set this up myself and would like some step by step instructions on how to firstlty install the motorised satellite dish and then how to program the VU+ duo ?

I would like to set it up so that i can watch mainly football on all the foreign satellites at 3pm on a sat, but also a few movies. etc

A friend of mine has an openmedia 500cs and he gets all sports and movies from various different satellites around europe. I know his system is somehow linked to his internet but dont really know how to do all that and the guy that he used to install it all has since changed his mobile number and i cant get in touch with him. Now that i want to install one at my home it appears i have to do it all myself as i dont know anyone else to contact.

Like i said before i am a complete newbie to all of this so a step by step guide for dummies for be really appreciated.

Also an explanation of what a cam, and image, and also a bouquet would also be great as i tried to do a little research myself but kept getting really confused by all this technical stuff.

Thanks and sorry for the longwinded message.

hypersonic
3rd November, 2010, 05:01 PM
You need to get your motorised dish up and aligned correctly before you start messing with the Vu Duo ~ there are stickies above this thread for setting up a diseqc motor and also fine tuning your dish ~ see also the download section for dish setup tutorials and tips. Once the dish is aligned the guys at DK will help you set up the box.

NLYID
3rd November, 2010, 05:31 PM
Could you also explain what a a cam, bouquet, and image is ?

where i can get them from and why i need them ??

Sorry just trying to get y head round all this.

hooley
3rd November, 2010, 05:54 PM
A bouqet would be channel lists you load onto your box. Usually they would be grouped into different categories, e.g Movies, sports, kids. It just saves the hassle of arranging the channels yourself and saves you having to scan each satellite for channels. Just load the channel list and away you go. You can also rearrange your channels in the order you prefer after.

An image is the software you load onto your box to make it work. The vu duo would only come with basic features, so you load on an image to get better features. There is a few different teams making images for the Vu duo.

As has been said already, these things can be got again easily, the main thing is to get the dish up first.

NLYID
3rd November, 2010, 06:26 PM
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I TRULY APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT JUST WANT TO BE FULLY PREPARED AND KNOWLEGEABLE ONCE THE SYSTEM ARRIVES SO THAT I CAN INSTALL IT EASILY ON THE SMAE DAY.

ARE THERE FREE BOUQUETS AND IMAGES THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD ONTO THE VU+ DUO TO ALLOW TO VIEW FOREIN SATELLITE CHANNELS FOR FREE SUCH AS SKY ITALIA AND NOVA GREECE.

AS WANT TO WATCH PREMIERSHIP FOOTY ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON?

IF SO DO U HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ?

THANKS

hooley
3rd November, 2010, 06:36 PM
The images and channel lists are free. To get free footy and other stuff, its a totally different thing. You will have to google that information, its not allowed to be discussed here.
Google " cardsharing "