PDA

View Full Version : Jeep grand chero 1999 auto box manual

electromech
3rd November, 2010, 07:17 PM
Good day all at DK I am in need of a overhaul manual for a Jeep Grand Cherokee autobox ....anyone can help me?

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2010, 07:51 PM
:roflmao::roflmao: No forward thrust?
:roflmao::roflmao: Word on street (un-confirmed) is your looking 1600 UKP for
it

Word from the back alley - again unconfirmed - is a lot of them the furry boxes are made out of pressed tin, and thrust washer using cornflakes boxes. Rumor going around same internals as some Dodge ???.

Yet in the Dodge the parts are machined out of solid gold or something.

Suggest you chuck the car and keep the autobox

electromech
3rd November, 2010, 08:10 PM
:roflmao::roflmao: No forward thrust?
:roflmao::roflmao: Word on street (un-confirmed) is your looking 1600 UKP for
it

Word from the back alley - again unconfirmed - is a lot of them the furry boxes are made out of pressed tin, and thrust washer using cornflakes boxes. Rumor going around same internals as some Dodge ???.

Yet in the Dodge the parts are machined out of solid gold or something.

Suggest you chuck the car and keep the autobox
all true MH but I have been reading up and it seems that it aint hard to do.....but I only have a no reverse problem so rumour has it that it just needs the reverse band adjusted but you need to know the correct spec or youll fry the box

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2010, 09:01 PM
it just needs the reverse band adjusted but you need to know the correct spec or youll fry the box

There you go sir/madam. The chances are you are some pompus
person driving one of them bags of shite (The bloke off Emerdale - his ex-wife has one - i drove it 6 meters - boss nearly took the drivers door off it). That is your reverse thust band adjusted.

Just to note, some bastard has been swinging on the adjuster nut with a pair of mole grips in a former life - possablity at PDI when it was new.

If your box packs up in the next 6 months, it's is going to need a new one, and and a sideward facing foo-foo valve.

Therefore it will have to be classed as a tempary repair

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

teuton
4th November, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hi M8,

just tell which tranny you wanna work at. In the meantime you can look at 30RH and AW 4.

Cheers.

greenthumb
20th November, 2010, 03:11 AM
what is an autobox?

electromech
20th November, 2010, 08:07 AM
what is an autobox?
Sorry try Automatic Transmission.........I will uploads pictures later

greenthumb
21st November, 2010, 02:42 PM
i have experience on these transmissions. as long as you have the v8 in your jeep im telling you your better off rebuilding your own if the case is not split. i may not have a manual specifically for the transmission but maybe something in alldata would help? year and model and engine would help

greenthumb
21st November, 2010, 02:44 PM
i have experience on these transmissions. as long as you have the v8 in your jeep im telling you your better off rebuilding your own if the case is not split. i may not have a manual specifically for the transmission but maybe something in alldata would help? year and model and engine would help

we just replaced 6 of them in one vehicle.... everytime we would get one out of a junk yard we would open up the oil pan and find chunks of rings 6-10 inches long! here in USA michigan these transmissions run for around 300-500 USD

electromech
21st November, 2010, 07:49 PM
we just replaced 6 of them in one vehicle.... everytime we would get one out of a junk yard we would open up the oil pan and find chunks of rings 6-10 inches long! here in USA michigan these transmissions run for around 300-500 USD
Thanks M8 but client took vehicle as is to trade in on other vehicle

Meat-Head
21st November, 2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks M8 but client took vehicle as is to trade in on other vehicle

Just hope it was not another one lol

electromech
22nd November, 2010, 09:36 PM
Just hope it was not another one lol
Lets hope he learnt ...but mensioned somthing bout new mini

Meat-Head
22nd November, 2010, 10:04 PM
Lets hope he learnt ...but mensioned somthing bout new mini

If it has an electronic key/ puash button start (rather than metal one)

if they want a hands free phone kit fitting, via their radio, them them to FRO (~~~~ right off) - but then again if your screw drawer is empty, take it on lol