PDA

View Full Version : No signal problems on Sky box.

wooper
4th November, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hi.

Over the past few days have had my Sky box come up with the message no signal and screen goes blue.

This can happen for a few seconds to a few minutes, then signal comes back on.

On the signal strength it goes from high and locked to none at all and not locked.

Am in Merseyside and it has been raining a lot.

Has anyone else had this or is my box or dish on the way out?

Have tightened all conections but not gone near my dish.

Only had it from last Feb.

smoggy
4th November, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have recently took out the sky subscription and the installer changed my old sky dish with a new one, he said the older dishes were better but his remit was to fit new dish, you probably have one of the newer dishes.

the weather can affect the signal to the point of losing the signal completely (it happens on mine if weather very bad)
the only thing you can do is to check all connections are OK and that the dish is properly aligned (strong winds etc. can cause a very slight movement of the dish)

wooper
4th November, 2010, 01:48 PM
Cheers Smoggy.

Now I think about it, had turned off all TV stuff at the mains (normally on standby) as was away for the weekend. Turned it on on monday and had the no signal thing. Took a few reboots to sort it. Tried all the advice Sky give on the website, tightened everything etc, worked fine until yesterday.

It's not permanent, which makes my think it's not the dish moved a bit, and can go from strong signal to none in a few seconds!!

smoggy
4th November, 2010, 02:44 PM
what I meant about the dish moving slightly was, if it has you would still be OK but it takes less of a disturbance like weather conditions to affect it.
I would say you also need to check the connections to the LNB

as you are probably already aware it could be one of many things like your sky box, wiring, dish, LNB, etc. and unfortunately symptoms like this without the the proper testing equipment are difficult to remedy.

wooper
4th November, 2010, 03:22 PM
Indeed, was posting more in the hope that others had had the same problem and it was the weather!

cactikid
4th November, 2010, 09:40 PM
if connections on lnb are not tight and waterproof you may get signal issues,if dish is off signal level will be low