PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Saxo ecu problem

English123
4th November, 2010, 03:07 PM
Hi i hope you guys can help me, i have a 1998 saxo vtr. i bought the car as it had a problem where the key light would flash and the car would not fire.

so

1st i got a friend round and he reprogrammed the key, but the problem remained.

then we noticed that the engine managment light wasnt on so we searched the internet and found that the relay under the ecu could be at fault.

we changed the relay and still the problem continues.

we checked for a bad earth but nothing.

now we have found that the ecu is getting no power atall, the only thing getting power it the relay under the ecu.

any ideas?

we have check all fues and there fine,

it has the single pin ecu, could we run a live from the igniton? if so what pin would we go to?

thanks i hope you guys can help

v8 dave
4th November, 2010, 03:53 PM
Hi i hope you guys can help me, i have a 1998 saxo vtr. i bought the car as it had a problem where the key light would flash and the car would not fire.

so

1st i got a friend round and he reprogrammed the key, but the problem remained.

then we noticed that the engine managment light wasnt on so we searched the internet and found that the relay under the ecu could be at fault.

we changed the relay and still the problem continues.

we checked for a bad earth but nothing.

now we have found that the ecu is getting no power atall, the only thing getting power it the relay under the ecu.

any ideas?

we have check all fues and there fine,

it has the single pin ecu, could we run a live from the igniton? if so what pin would we go to?

thanks i hope you guys can help

Wouldn't happen to have been a Barry'd up green one from down on the south coast would it?

If it was, check the wiring around the ignition switch as it was a previous stolen/recovered job and the wiring was hacked about.

English123
4th November, 2010, 04:05 PM
no mate its a blue 1, there was something wierd going on around the ignition, there is a plug with 2 red wires going to the ignition but the plug has been disconected and a bridge wire has been put in

v8 dave
4th November, 2010, 04:19 PM
Bridged plug? What did it plug into? Traced the cables back? DMM and wiring diagrams are your friends here. Is this a keypad car ot not?

English123
18th November, 2010, 02:32 PM
sorry for the delay, no the car has a coded key no, keypad, and i believe the bridged plug is for the power steering,
how many pins on the ecu should be getting 12v? there is 1 getting 12v and when the multi meter is connected the relay under the ecu clicks, ill post a pic of the ecu.