PDA

View Full Version : step by step guide eurovox ex5000 pvr

johnboy1974
3rd December, 2008, 07:55 PM
1/ make sure you have the correct usb to modem null cable, and that you have the correct driver installed. when you plug in the usb end into your computer without it being connected to the eurovox it should automatically download the driver from the web and tell you it has been correctly installed. this first step is crucial.

2/ from this site download the sticky"" new firmware fix for eurovox pvr ex5000" and save it to the desktop so you know where it is. many thanx to satsmo for posting it.

3/ go to desktop and find the file and open it then right click on it and extract all files from it.

4/ now there is a file named ufl ex 5000 dar x 01-12-08 righr click on this and create a short cut send to desktop.

5/ connect the 9 pin plug from the null modem cable into the back of the eurovox pvr ex 5000 and switch on. wait till a four digit number or ---- appears on the front display.

6/ connect the other end of the null modem cable(the usb end) into the usb port on your computer, the computer will make a low beeping noise to aknowledge this.

7/go to desktop and open the file ufl 5000 dar x 01-12-08 ex

8/ click on the "download" button located under the black eurovox ex5000
pvr banner.

9/the program should recognise the firmware version currently on the eurovox by displaying which version it is( mines says version 2.00 detected) if does not detect your eurovox close the program down and try again but put usb cable into another port.

10/ when it has detected which firmware you currently have installed click on the "start" button and the new firmware will be automatically downloaded to the eurovox thus replacing the old firmware. when it is done a banner appears to say "download succesfull"

11/ connect up your eurovox to your cable supply and leave on sky sports 1 for a few minutes till channels reappear.

nicepete
24th September, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hi firstly where can i get a null cable and secondly is it worth buying the cable as ppl are saying that they no longer work where as if thats the case i have just wasted money can you advise me as to how i can get the box working as im clueless at the mo pete....

chic.
24th September, 2010, 01:43 PM
Hi m8 if your area has gone to n3 then yes you have wasted your cash you wont get it to work if you got it new and havent flashed it yet then try sending it back for a refound

clivepainter
30th September, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hi firstly where can i get a null cable and secondly is it worth buying the cable as ppl are saying that they no longer work where as if thats the case i have just wasted money can you advise me as to how i can get the box working as im clueless at the mo pete....

my box downloaded and it was woking well for last two years
but now all the chanledel are scrumble or codifier could you help me to ge the chanel back:congrats::congrats: