PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover TD5 injector code location in 93c66/46?

v8 dave
4th November, 2010, 11:52 PM
Anyone able to help? Or anyone have a dump from either (MSB ECU is fitted with 93c46, NNN ECU is fitted with 93c66) with their corresponding injector codes?

I'd like to begin picking it apart, as I want to get together an immo off file for these ECUs. A friend of mine has bought one of those ?500 quid ones from eBay but I'll not be able to get a nose at it until summer next year now :(

smirnoff_rules
4th November, 2010, 11:55 PM
didnt know they were coded wot year is this

v8 dave
4th November, 2010, 11:58 PM
All TD5s have them, hence why you need to code in new injectors or you'll end up in limp mode.

The injectors have 'build' codes to specify their 'grade' i.e. cracking pressure, flow rate etc. The ECU uses these values to trim the fuel per cylinder for emissions and power reasons.

smirnoff_rules
5th November, 2010, 12:12 AM
? ok , the mot place l use replaced one on a 2003 td5 diesel the other day and it was ok ? he only as a solus scanner too .. just been lucky then

v8 dave
5th November, 2010, 12:34 AM
Lot of the time you can get away with one injector being changed, especially if the code is close (they're not 'smart' injectors, they're merely a calibration code). The thing would have been down on power though.