PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Diesel Series 60 low rpm calibration

joeseph666
5th November, 2010, 11:35 PM
What's up Dk'ers?

I have a truck with a crappy 1800 rpm limit in the calibration.
Is there any way to get rid of this? I am okay in CTool. (I can upload and download calibrations okay in that. (ie. It works) But merging calibrations from different trucks... with the Validate Calibration function... well I have seen some references to it here... but nobody has explained it as a thread topic.

Here is your chance. :)

The truck in question... (What numbers are needed to get a calibration enhancement I am not sure of... so here are most of the pertinent numbers)

Engine Model: 6067TK60
Engine Serial Number: 06R0451460
Governed BHP: 430
Peak Torque: 1450

6N4M#: 6904
6N4D#: 6214
6N4C#: 100
EPA Cert: 1238
ECM Serial Number: VI603PSM
ECM Software Level: 32.06
Shared Version: 99
Rating Version: 117

Any help on the topic will be greatly appreciated, as this truck has a really low top speed at present.

rebel127
6th November, 2010, 12:43 AM
You can adjust the cal to give 2110rpm or more with dct. I'm not sure on join and merge either? but you can adjust the cal with no problem.

hercamp
6th November, 2010, 01:22 AM
did u look .....here???

joeseph666
6th November, 2010, 02:33 AM
Maybe it has to do with my other computer training...
but... are you telling me that is all I need to change? That the ecm will look at that number and actually use it for a governor setting? I may be giving them too much credit here... but I would expect there to be tables and other stuff that needed to be changed too.

Damn Hercamp... okay, I'll try it out.
Thanks guys... once again. :)

jctech
10th November, 2010, 01:32 AM
Maybe it has to do with my other computer training...
but... are you telling me that is all I need to change? That the ecm will look at that number and actually use it for a governor setting? I may be giving them too much credit here... but I would expect there to be tables and other stuff that needed to be changed too.

Damn Hercamp... okay, I'll try it out.
Thanks guys... once again. :)

Calibration engineers do not make extra work for themselves.
The tables are often generic for a rating, example 300@1800 cal has the same tables as a 320@2100 cal, but governor break points are different

joeseph666
23rd November, 2010, 08:02 AM
You can adjust the cal to give 2110rpm or more with dct. I'm not sure on join and merge either? but you can adjust the cal with no problem.
Ok, now that I have collected a few calibrations from a few trucks... I decided to play around with SNJ.exe. Freakin awesome guys. What I gather, and go ahead and correct me if I am wrong, is that you can take the horsepower ratings from one truck's calibration, and merge it into another truck's calibration.

1. This MUST be done with calibrations that are the same version. ie... They must be loaded under The same green folder. If you ignore that rule... you are probably dangerous to the machine. Unless some experts in CT speak up and say otherwise, I advise against it. {emphasis added}

Ok, so... you have a truck that has a low torque limit in it's calibration... say 1550 ft/pounds. You want to push it up some... maybe to 1650. Easy if you have saved a calibration from a truck that has 1650 ft/pounds in it's rating... and it is the same version... (it will be loaded under the same green folder in CT, as the calibration from the truck you want to raise the torque to.)

This is where snj.exe comes in.
1. Execute snj.exe
It opens up with a box, that has just 2 choices... split or join.
Choose the split option.

2. Next, it will ask you for a calibration to split... and give you a file picker to locate the 1st calibration to split. Find your truck's calibration that you want to increase the torque to, and pick it in the file picker.

3. Next, you are asked to make a name for the Shared folder in the calibration... as well as the hp ratings from it named something like rate_0, rate_1, and rate_2 folders. I give them all the same name... like "source".

4a. Click next. It will make files from the source calibration into those 4 parts... named in this example...
source.shr
source.ra0
source.ra1
source.ra2

4b. Do the same for the other calibration that has the hp/torque rating you want to "borrow." I'll call it donor.cal. Once you split donor.cal, you should have
donor.shr
donor.ra0
donor.ra1
donor.ra2

5. Without, exiting snj.exe yet... you can now join up the parts you made... by choosing Join this time.
It will ask you for the new calibration's name you want to save it as... I'll call it upgrade.cal here. Type the name and extension when you name it... like "upgrade.cal". That way, CT can recognize it as a calibration when you want to load it into CT.

6. Now, pick the file made from the shared folder of the source truck... named source.shr in this example. You must use the shared folder from the truck you are upgrading... in this example... the file source.shr.

*** Now here is where you pick the hp ratings for this new masterpiece calibration. ***

7. Now pick the rate_0 file made from the donor calibration... called donor.ra0 in this example.

8. Do the same for the rate_1 and rate_2 parts... using files donor.ra1, and donor.ra2 in this example.

Click next.

SNJ.EXE will glue them all together, into a file named upgrade.cal in this example.

Load that calibration into CT, and then download it to the "source" truck. Take the truck out for a spin. :)

rebel127
5th March, 2011, 04:20 AM
havent been on in a wile thanks for the info just have to find Execute snj.exe

joeseph666
5th March, 2011, 04:58 AM
Ok... it's been a while... and I really need to add something to this. Along with staying with the same version number... (the green folder in DCT), if you are working on a 6067GK60 motor... you should find a calibration from that same model to use as a donor calibration. Same with BK MK etc...

ddmech
8th April, 2011, 04:04 AM
Dont know how to split and join cal,but having great luck just modifying current cal.

crazy60
23rd May, 2012, 08:21 PM
to take one software version cal, you can "CONVERT" a cal from one met level to the other. right click on the cal, select convert. it will then ask for the met file version you need to go to, select the one relevant to your ecm and convert it, make sure that you save the orignal cal and create a new one for safety sake. hav actually taken DDEC 4 cals and converted to a 3 to run on a ddec 3 at 3800 rpm for my pulling tractor

psoler
26th June, 2013, 01:56 AM
has been long time but were the hell I can find the snj.exe