PDA

View Full Version : 08 Honda Civic Coupe 77960-SVA-A221-M1 95640

ledojo
6th November, 2010, 07:15 AM
So, I've got this module and cleared it through tsoft, but i still get two codes... 85 and 81.

If someone has any experience with this can see if my clear file is good--I'd appreciate it.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

sbkracer1
6th November, 2010, 03:04 PM
tsoft rarely works! your original dump looks good, did any bags blow or seatbelts?

dc2sirg
6th November, 2010, 04:24 PM
check exact code and post. 85-xx 81-xx, could be problem with vsa systems, internal module problem or ods systems or just ods initialization possibly, those are what those codes are...but need rest of code to tell more

sbkracer1
6th November, 2010, 06:03 PM
85 and 81 are internal failure, its not opds initalization, could be low battery voltage. Low battery voltage on the hondas alway throws these codes. the module needs minimum of 11.7 volts or more. anything below that causes failure.

ledojo
6th November, 2010, 06:34 PM
tsoft rarely works! your original dump looks good, did any bags blow or seatbelts?

yes the driver bag blew... diver seatbelt should have also, but seems to be passing.... further testing warranted on that, but later for now. I was told that two others 'cleared' crash data, so you may be correct in saying the original looks clear--but tsoft did clear even more...lol

check exact code and post. 85-xx 81-xx, could be problem with vsa systems, internal module problem or ods systems or just ods initialization possibly, those are what those codes are...but need rest of code to tell more

to be honest, i have no formal training and have been working on getting the shop revamped, so have not seen any of this work for awhile--those acronyms are alien-speak to me... lol. I'm pulling the codes manually from the OBDII connector, so no further description available. I do know that the 8x codes stem from the module--sorry i have no more info to provide.

85 and 81 are internal failure, its not opds initalization, could be low battery voltage. Low battery voltage on the hondas alway throws these codes. the module needs minimum of 11.7 volts or more. anything below that causes failure.

This was my first assumption also. I may also be biased because I know two others worked on it before me. When checking the board, two ic's are lacking the varnish--my thought is that the incorrect ic was removed and the data corrupted. The data should be on the TSSOP8, but the varnish was missing from both a SOIC8 and TSSOP8...
But, I'm going to do some wire tracing based on your comment.

Finally, did you guys take a look at the clear vs. 'crash'? What do you think? Both will work? or the clear by tsoft is no good?

Really love the feedback from this group--Thank you for your input.

sbkracer1
6th November, 2010, 08:18 PM
I Checked the tsoft and trust me its all crap. The original looks perfect. I know what happened to your module now that you described it, the 2nd eprom is a 95320 if that was removed and read then its definately corrupted. The 95640 is the correct dump you have listed as crash but its actually clear. I will pm you now.

ledojo
6th November, 2010, 11:13 PM
I Checked the tsoft and trust me its all crap. The original looks perfect. I know what happened to your module now that you described it, the 2nd eprom is a 95320 if that was removed and read then its definately corrupted. The 95640 is the correct dump you have listed as crash but its actually clear. I will pm you now.

Thank you for the info--customer bought a new module and I was not given an opportunity to get data dumps from the new one... oh well. Customer did let me keep the bad module and I will try to post the dump from the 95320 eeprom... maybe it will show something....

Oh... and so in this case (or whenever the dump has no crash data) tsoft must assume there is crash data and then mess things up? Whereas, if the dump actually had crash, it wouldve worked? Whatever the case... seems the car is minty now.

Thank you for all the input.

ledojo
6th November, 2010, 11:16 PM
Damn... was hoping to be able to post a virgin dump from the new module....

sbkracer1
6th November, 2010, 11:38 PM
Thank you for the info

Oh... and so in this case (or whenever the dump has no crash data) tsoft must assume there is crash data and then mess things up? Whereas, if the dump actually had crash, it wouldve worked? Whatever the case... seems the car is minty now.

Thank you for all the input.

No, tsoft just doens't work in most cases, it doesn't even make sense about what it erases sometimes. sometimes it erases areas that are not even crash info. After using it for a while you will see what I mean.

ledojo
7th November, 2010, 01:24 AM
that's just craziness... i didnt realize that. I just thought it was my error.

Whenever I get a chance, I need to update that ABCDC by ipejasinovic... that's next on my to-do list after some carpentry work in the shop... carpentry... who knew....

Air
23rd May, 2011, 05:37 PM
So, I've got this module and cleared it through tsoft, but i still get two codes... 85 and 81.

If someone has any experience with this can see if my clear file is good--I'd appreciate it.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Maybe is to late...:(
Something wrong begining from line E00 to FF0. Please see more closely on ASCll mode on these lines. This is as a reference. I think you are still learning.

AMLGAR
24th May, 2011, 04:13 AM
wrong post jajja big mistake:hahaha::pcguru:

martij976
24th May, 2011, 05:05 AM
Check the date m8's.. Nov 2010.....
Must be solved long time ago :D

AMLGAR
24th May, 2011, 05:21 AM
:cheers:u got it.:hahaha:, hahahaha, this happens when u drink and work hahahahah. and u dont see the date was posted.(i was looking a dump i posted and i did not check the date

ledojo
24th May, 2011, 05:31 AM
figured out that whomever had it before me cleared the wrong eeprom/ic.

Air
25th May, 2011, 04:36 AM
:cheers:u got it.:hahaha:, hahahaha, this happens when u drink and work hahahahah. and u dont see the date was posted.(i was looking a dump i posted and i did not check the date

You're so funny!!
Just in case....this DK forum is not a repaire shop:joyman:...just THE GOOD friendly FORUM where every body can learn something new!!!

Any way, thank you guys, I happy here where I met with a lot of good mans!