PDA

View Full Version : Keys have rolled.

Curious123
17th April, 2008, 11:57 AM
It looks like the keys have rolled over various parts of the country. Would be nice to know if the various auto fixes did their job maybe people could post what they fixed and if it worked .

Hazza
17th April, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm in West Yorkshire and mine is still working fine. NTHell/VM. Very happy
:elefant:

aftermath
17th April, 2008, 12:07 PM
heres a good one for ya m8, i have 2 dreamboxes, 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs, both 500c , exactly the same backed up image flashed on bothe boxes.

1 went off, the other stayed on, the one that stayed on was the farthest away from main box.

re swapped the nagrarom files a few times, still no good, left it for about 5 mins then it decided to come back on.

king123
17th April, 2008, 12:22 PM
my sammy 2110 never took the update

help needed

kr4sh
17th April, 2008, 12:27 PM
Updated mine with the fix, but its not working since the roll.

ex C&W

king123
17th April, 2008, 12:29 PM
you need the new keys kr4sh

teleboss
17th April, 2008, 12:30 PM
Updated mine with the fix, but its not working since the roll.

ex C&W

Did you edit the mg_cfg and the cmd_cfg files to 02, If you did not the keys will not roll

kr4sh
17th April, 2008, 12:30 PM
So once i update the keys the AU will work?

Did you edit the mg_cfg and the cmd_cfg files to 02, If you did not the keys will not roll

ah, i forgot to change the camd_cfg AU to 02. Ive corrected that now, but still no tv. Will i need the new keys again?

father ted
17th April, 2008, 12:38 PM
central scotland ok thot i it wasnt but it was engineers working:rofl: (600pvr)

Devilfish
17th April, 2008, 12:39 PM
Lets not start another thread about how to set auto update please! There's enough already and it's been explained a gazzillion times!

See my sig.

Ex-TW Scotland rolled at noon today, blank screen when I turned it on, flicked to Sky Sports 1 and it came on after about 10 seconds. New keys in the key file. :)

All ok here

smirnoff_rules
17th April, 2008, 12:51 PM
same here m8 turned to sky sports 1 and updated fine (telepest)

Jaffa
17th April, 2008, 01:21 PM
Pure NTL is fine, I checked the keylist and it updated no probs.

C64
17th April, 2008, 01:57 PM
Both Dreambox and Dbox2 updated fine here :)

(Telewest Scotland)

mmore
17th April, 2008, 02:07 PM
I?m in the Midlands TW area and the 01 key has rolled. I was getting blank screens so I restarted the box for everything to work again and the 01 key has updated in the keys folder!

I?ve just checked another box and that seems to have updated without a restart.

Both boxes are using the DWv2 image with just the modified rom7 file in the keys folder and both AU files modified to {02}

My third box has the same image with all three rom files added to the keys and the scce folders as well as both the AU files modified to {02}. And on this box everything seems to have auto updated, but the new 01 key is now has ROM11 in the line and not the ROM7 as the other boxes have!

I hope this helps! :)

C64
17th April, 2008, 02:14 PM
Your third box is ok mate, it just means that it took the update on Rom11.

mcrabb85
17th April, 2008, 05:58 PM
Please to report Key has rolled ex C+W ESSEX working fine.

baretto
17th April, 2008, 06:02 PM
So once i update the keys the AU will work?

ah, i forgot to change the camd_cfg AU to 02. Ive corrected that now, but still no tv. Will i need the new keys again?

Im also wondering this.

Ive got the same problem as you

slasher
17th April, 2008, 06:11 PM

mines is off :(, can you tell me how to change the "mg_cfg and the cmd_cfg files to 02" , do i do that with the remote control or have to hoook the dream back up to the computer ??? such a pain for me having to hook it to the pc man :(

Devilfish
17th April, 2008, 06:13 PM
It can be done using the Tuxbox Commander plugin.

Save way that you edit the Keylist.txt file, just press 4 on the camd_cfg and mg_cfg file, edit it and save.

Restart the emu if you edit the config file.

allycoops
17th April, 2008, 06:14 PM
mines is off :(, can you tell me how to change the "mg_cfg and the cmd_cfg files to 02" , do i do that with the remote control or have to hoook the dream back up to the computer ??? such a pain for me having to hook it to the pc man :(

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1735

slasher
17th April, 2008, 06:51 PM
ok iam in the pages that your instructing me to edit but iam not sure what to change, there is several lines etc and i dont want to change the wrong things and maybe make things worse, i can see emm messages , ecm messages and AU ??? what do i change where etc ?

baretto
17th April, 2008, 06:54 PM
ok iam in the pages that your instructing me to edit but iam not sure what to change, there is several lines etc and i dont want to change the wrong things and maybe make things worse, i can see emm messages , ecm messages and AU ??? what do i change where etc ?

Follow this....

Auto update conditions are set via the config file for the emu.

evocamd - camd_cfg
mgcamd - mg_cfg
gbox - gbox_cfg

What you're looking for is a section of like this...

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }The number inside the { } is what you want to change.

{ 00 } - the emu will never auto update
{ 01 } - the emu will auto update whenever it sees keys, regardless if they're correct or not. This could be the reason if you are editing in good keys but it still won't work.
{ 02 } - the emu will only auto update if the current keys don't work. This is what it should always be set to. So it will try your good keys and it should work so there's no need to auto update.

If you edit the config file, you need to restart the emu. Do this either by restarting the emu via the Blue button menu or reboot the box.

Also just to clarify, these are the different key files that the emu uses...

evocamd - keylist.txt
mgcamd - SoftCam.key
gbox - nagra

:)

slasher
17th April, 2008, 07:07 PM
ok so now in CAMD_CFG/AU,

I CHANGED THE A: {00} TO SAY {02} AND DONE THE SAME IN MG_CFG, but still it dont work, do i change the others in the AU section to to say {02} too rather than 00 and 01, is that what iam doing wrong, sorry for being mixed up guys, lol ??

baretto
17th April, 2008, 07:25 PM
ok so now in CAMD_CFG/AU,

I CHANGED THE A: {00} TO SAY {02} AND DONE THE SAME IN MG_CFG, but still it dont work, do i change the others in the AU section to to say {02} too rather than 00 and 01, is that what iam doing wrong, sorry for being mixed up guys, lol ??

# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 00 } <<<<<<<< THAT is the only thing you change to A: { 02 }

Once you have done that you must press exit, save changes.. And then reset the EMU you are using and reboot you Dreambox

If that does not work just follow this thread which im sure will solve your problem:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

slasher
17th April, 2008, 07:33 PM
# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 00 } <<<<<<<< THAT is the only thing you change to A: { 02 }

Once you have done that you must press exit, save changes.. And then reset the EMU you are using and reboot you Dreambox

If that does not work just follow this thread which im sure will solve your problem:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

awww man :(, i had a look at that mate and straight away i see the dreaded words "ftp", ive never been able to successfully ftp :(

slasher
17th April, 2008, 07:47 PM
listen, ive just been told i can download the latest key addon direct from ********* but i need to have the box connected to my ethernet cable and also to a screen so that i can see what iam downloading, so i looked at the back of the dreambox and i can see a "video" socket, is that video input or a video output, iam hoping its an output as i have one of those on my pc monitor ??

Glasgowguyno1
17th April, 2008, 07:59 PM
It looks like the keys have rolled over various parts of the country. Would be nice to know if the various auto fixes did their job maybe people could post what they fixed and if it worked .

Alright everyone, how's everyone doing. Am in Glasgow, the fix keys in my dreambox, were working ok again until today. It keeps deleting the top line in the keylist, can't see any channels now.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

allycoops
17th April, 2008, 08:15 PM
Alright everyone, how's everyone doing. Am in Glasgow, the fix keys in my dreambox, were working ok again until today. It keeps deleting the top line in the keylist, can't see any channels now.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

you need to read this pal, you dont need the keys anymore, ther is a perminant fix

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273

Glasgowguyno1
17th April, 2008, 08:25 PM
you need to read this pal, you dont need the keys anymore, ther is a perminant fix

So I don't need to worry about the keylist then and how many lines are on it.

Wixy
17th April, 2008, 08:26 PM
awww man :(, i had a look at that mate and straight away i see the dreaded words "ftp", ive never been able to successfully ftp :(

It really is easy mate.

Download the new nagrarom files
Download Dreambox control centre, plug your Dreambox into your router with an ethernet cable, use the FTP section of DCC to "See" the files on your Dreambox and copy the new files across (overwriting the old ones).
When you restart your Dreambox it will work again.

There are loads of fully detailed guides on here that take you through it step by step.

Good luck
Cheers

Glasgowguyno1
17th April, 2008, 08:49 PM
Alright mate, what program do you need to down load the nagrarom files? my comptuer says it can't locate a program to run it.

Were do I find the guides that takes you through overwriting the old files.

Cheers

smirnoff_rules
17th April, 2008, 09:02 PM
download winrar m8 http://www.win-rar.com/

Glasgowguyno1
17th April, 2008, 09:09 PM

Alright mate,

For DM500 it is /var/keys and /var/scce

I have changed the 02 in the var/keys part, were do I do it vor var/scce?

Do I need to do anything with my computer?

Cheers