PDA

View Full Version : Ford remap software?

m9g
7th November, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hi anyone know of any remap software that is OBDII that I can use on my ford ST24 duratec 2.5l V6 24valve

Or, pre-set flash that can be done via pc with OBDII connection - similar to how bluefin do it

Regards

espen22
7th November, 2010, 09:14 PM
What is the models Year?

espen22
7th November, 2010, 09:28 PM
I looked up your engine.

You need to use powergate or fx the byteshooter crossfire.

And that bluefinthign youre talking about will also work

If i am not mistaking, and this is the 167hp non turbo engine...

Use your money on something better :) the 12nm, you wont notice them at all. (if yuo had the option to buy a cheap clone you could have tryed for fun )

Remember Torque is accelration, hp is speed.

m9g
7th November, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the replies

The model year is 98

The bluefin is a pre-programmed unit that plugs into the ODBII connector and flashes the chip so was wondering if a similar flash is available that can be done via pc.

powergate or fx the byteshooter crossfire - Can you tell me please what these are - hardware, pc software etc etc?

Appreciate the help

Regards

m9g
7th November, 2010, 09:55 PM
Ok found them they are hardware units to plug in, is there software I can get hold off that I can run from pc and plug in via OBDII connector?

Regards

espen22
9th November, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hi, what hardware are you planning on using for this software you are asking for?

Reason i ask is because you cant read that ecu by the Kline that most clones/cheap tuning tools uses, nor can you use the can-bus. Must be done ower the J1850 protocol i think, and i dont know of any cheap hardware that can do that.
Powergate R is the closest thing, and it costs around 400? on a lucky day.

MarkPRP
10th November, 2010, 12:50 AM
Powergate R is the best tool for Fords! and least expensive to! I have one and its invaluable!

m9g
10th November, 2010, 06:13 PM
It was just a general enquiry if there was any form of software for pc that i could plug my OBDII connector into car and flash the chip that way, silmilar to the bluefin that is a pre-programmed handheld unit that plugs straight into the OBDII port and flashes the chip.

Or, even any software that I can use to make alterations myself with a pc via OBDII

Regards