PDA

View Full Version : xbox upscaling

djrm
3rd December, 2008, 09:08 PM
To get the best picture on an old xbox (Xbox1 nor xbox 360) I followed the procedure below. It has made the xbmc much clearer. If you cannot use all the methods then just using an RGB in PAL mode cable instead of the original composite cable will give a big improvement.

1) Enable NTSC output, the only way to get HD output from the xbox is in NTSC mode.
Use the PAL / NTSC Selector program to switch the xbox into NTSC mode
I canot remember where I got this from, use google with Video Mode Boot Disk - EEPROM Setting for PAL / NTSC as search term.

2) Enable HD output
When the HD cable is used then HD upscaling wil be available in the xbox menus
get an xbox HD component video cable, I got one similar to this:
New Xbox Console Audio Video HD Component Cable UK on eBay, also Cables Leads Adaptors, Xbox, Accessories, Video Games (end time 24-Dec-08 22:00:00 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Xbox-Console-Audio-Video-HD-Component-Cable-UK_W0QQitemZ220317375068QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Vide oGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_J N?hash=item220317375068&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318)
n.b. There are some cables advertized which also include a digital audio output, I have not tried one of these though.

3) Enable HD upscaling
Use these settings to switch on upscaling to suit your TV
Configuration | System | Video Hardware | Enable 480p / Enable 720p / Enable 1080i
Configuration | Videos | Player | Resolution | 1080i 16:9

Use the above method and use the xbox to view pictures streamed from your dreambox upscaled for your HD telly.

hth David.

jbvid
3rd December, 2008, 11:19 PM
To get the best picture on an old xbox (Xbox1 nor xbox 360) I followed the procedure below. It has made the xbmc much clearer. If you cannot use all the methods then just using an RGB in PAL mode cable instead of the original composite cable will give a big improvement.

1) Enable NTSC output, the only way to get HD output from the xbox is in NTSC mode.
Use the PAL / NTSC Selector program to switch the xbox into NTSC mode
I canot remember where I got this from, use google with Video Mode Boot Disk - EEPROM Setting for PAL / NTSC as search term.

2) Enable HD output
When the HD cable is used then HD upscaling wil be available in the xbox menus
get an xbox HD component video cable, I got one similar to this:
New Xbox Console Audio Video HD Component Cable UK on eBay, also Cables Leads Adaptors, Xbox, Accessories, Video Games (end time 24-Dec-08 22:00:00 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Xbox-Console-Audio-Video-HD-Component-Cable-UK_W0QQitemZ220317375068QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Vide oGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_J N?hash=item220317375068&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318)
n.b. There are some cables advertized which also include a digital audio output, I have not tried one of these though.

3) Enable HD upscaling
Use these settings to switch on upscaling to suit your TV
Configuration | System | Video Hardware | Enable 480p / Enable 720p / Enable 1080i
Configuration | Videos | Player | Resolution | 1080i 16:9

Use the above method and use the xbox to view pictures streamed from your dreambox upscaled for your HD telly.

hth David.
Hi
Don't think you will get any replies on here m8, this is the Satellite dreambox section. Do a search for xbox onsite (top of page in white (Search)
jbvid

Ballistic
4th December, 2008, 02:48 PM
:withstupid::goodpost:

try here Xbox 360 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/)

B