hoggy952
8th November, 2010, 11:39 PM
Does anyone fancy a bit?

I received this email on saturday:

Quote:From: nina bakari
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:02 PM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: Hello

Hello my dear,I found you interesting I guess you are fine and living good. My name is Nina, I decided to drop you a note; I want to know you and know who you are! If it is okay by you feel free to write me back to enable us get to know each other better. hope to hear from you.Thanks from Nina.

I sent the following reply:

Quote:
Hi there Nina. Great to hear from you.

What can I do for you? Why do you want to know about me?

Here's what I got back:

Quote:Hello dear friend,
Please permit me to introduce myself to you. My name is Nina Bassa, a 23 years old Liberian citizen, 5.6ft tall and fair in complexion and also a high school leaving certificate holder. My father, late Dr. Bassa Luis was a highly reputable business magnate (a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Liberia during his days. He was poisoned by his business associates in one of their outings on a business trip. My mother died when i was a baby and since then my father was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by his relatives, who were so jealous because of his wealth and progress.
Before the death of my father in August 2008. He called his secretary who accompanied him to a hospital and told her that he had a sum of $3.8 million U.S. Dollars (Three million eight hundred thousand U.S.D) which he deposited in a bank. He used my name as next of kin. He also explained that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned. He said that I should seek for a foreign partner in any country of my choice where i will transfer the money and use it for investment purposes.
After the death of my father, my uncle started to persecute me because of my fathers
properties which he latter snatched from me under threatening. My father instructed me not to tell any of my relative about the money because of their wickedness. I left my country to Senegal in west Africa by the help of reverend father. I came to Senegal under refugee were I'm currently residing now. More I explain myself, the more I shed tears, I am in a critical condition.
I want you to assist me transfer this money into your account and i will equally come over to further my education in your country after the transaction. It's one of the instructions my father left for me. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.
Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me as your friend?
2. Can i completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount will be good for you after the money is in your account? Please, Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. In my next mail i will give you contact of the bank where the money was deposited. I am looking forward to hear from you. Do not turn me down because you are God sent to me.

Thank and God bless you.

Yours faithful
Nina.

I'm using the alias "David Tinycock, which (s)he hasn't picked up on, so it appears I've got a full blown scammer on my hands.

opsmonkey
8th November, 2010, 11:54 PM
I'd be asking for 30% lol

Get one of these (http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/offers/cashplus/tabs/default.aspx?pc=GAW551&s_kwcid=TC|9845|post%20office%20prepaid%20masterca rd||S|b|4800365189&gclid=CMb29dunkqUCFYE14woddncaOQ) under the name of David Tinycock.. i have read that these scammers can often credit your account with $50 at first to keep you believing its real, before they empty the fcuker.. Give it a go then scam their $50 off them lol

skywash
9th November, 2010, 12:36 AM
open an account with a ?1, give he/she details what ever gets put in you take out then tell em to go ~~~~ themselve's

Bulld0g
9th November, 2010, 12:41 AM
I wonder if anyone is gullible enough to fall for these email scams, there probably is lol

Stuart 0366
9th November, 2010, 02:09 AM
I'm using the alias "David Tinycock, which (s)he hasn't picked up on, so it appears I've got a full blown scammer on my hands.

Nah, y'think she is totally genuine btw, am picking up my new Lotus in a weeks time :devil::devil:

tshirtman
9th November, 2010, 02:30 AM
this is an old scam,
if you agree, she/he will say they need a solicitor to transfer the money
that's where the sting is,
you will pay, say, ?5000 for a non existent lawyer, and wave goodbye to your money.

chroma
9th November, 2010, 03:24 AM
YouTube - Fonejacker - George (86 million uganda dollars)

i require your bank account details ser, then we can transfer the monies directly :roflmao:

hcip
9th November, 2010, 04:24 AM
I'm using the alias "David Tinycock:hmmmm2:,

David TinyCock???:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

garry1312
9th November, 2010, 06:18 AM
its a new show... the email jacker

oldeno
9th November, 2010, 12:45 PM
Should forget about it.Not worth it,problem later.

Grizz
9th November, 2010, 01:01 PM
i'd string her along, if you can get a small deposit from her as a "sign of her good faith" send it to someone who has been ripped off by one of these people. she couldnt even get her second name correct between email and signature

stebarker
9th November, 2010, 07:08 PM
send them a virus through your email that could mess up whatever there using lol

chucklor
9th November, 2010, 07:40 PM
Tell her your money is tied up in a account that you need to give 90 days notice, tell her that you need ?50 to release it and wait for the reaction.....you will either hear nothing or if she goes along with her scam you will be ?50 better off....chuck

tshirtman
9th November, 2010, 08:08 PM
this guy has got the right idea

Scambaiters // Current (http://current.com/shows/max-and-jason-still-up/76370782_scambaiters.htm)

hoggy952
9th November, 2010, 10:18 PM
don't know if any of you use skype but the same scam is floating about on there as well

tshirtman
9th November, 2010, 10:39 PM
here is a list of the most common scams, and the replies of some of the email recipients,
some are quite funny

Welcome to the 419 Eater (http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm)

SatSearching
9th November, 2010, 11:12 PM
hoggy952, a lot of fun can be had playing with these scammers.

First, you need to wean them out of standard copy/paste replies, ask them "out of the ordinary" questions to get direct propper replies.

Then reel them in, as posted by others, check out the 419 baiter forums.

SS

patkins
9th November, 2010, 11:26 PM
Go for it Hoggy.

PS. Can I be best man?

Meat-Head
9th November, 2010, 11:48 PM
Did read about some woman in new york that scammed ans scammed the scammer.

They knocked on her door for the goods and found a pig answered it lol.

Tell he/she you are going for a "holiday' for a 'fortnight' in 'Meat-city'
or vacation for two weeks lol

tshirtman
12th November, 2010, 03:04 AM
received this one today:

DEAREST ONE,
IT IS A PLEASURE AND PRIVILEGE TO CONTACT YOU THIS WONDERFUL MOMENT
AM A YOUNG GIRL WITH GOOD MANNER SEEKING FOR A GOOD PERSON DESPITE HIS CONDITION.

PLEASE KINDLY CONTACT MY PRIVATE E-MAIL I SHALL SEND YOU MY BEAUTIFUL PICTURE.PLEASE DO NOT FAIL TO CONTACT MY ID FOR EASY COMMUNICATION.BEST REGARD TO YOU.

YOURS IN LOVE
MISS MARY

I love the bit about condition

hugjam
12th November, 2010, 07:57 AM
,i would have thought with that amount of money she would be able to buy a new id.and travel the world without anyones help,so tell her to go f--k herself.