PDA

View Full Version : Old Satellite on my house

rrob311
9th November, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hi, I just canceled my DN subscription because I can't afford 100$+ a month. They left the satellite attached to my house. THey just upgraded it to a single dish. Can this satellite be used to capture any channels anywhere? otherwise I am going to take it off my house. I remember the huge old satellite dishes back in the 80s but I don't know how to get the channels. I am more familiar with antennas.

thijs
9th November, 2010, 06:41 PM
if you know what sattelite the dish is aimed at you could find out if there is any free to air channels on it and then maybe invest into a fta sattelite reciever.

smokin
9th November, 2010, 06:44 PM
the old dish should still work, as long as the lnb does...depending the size it could point at sky and get the some free stuff but you need a stb of some type..

thijs
9th November, 2010, 07:15 PM
the old dish should still work, as long as the lnb does...depending the size it could point at sky and get the some free stuff but you need a stb of some type..
If you look at the man's location usa i don't think he can get sky there m8

smokin
9th November, 2010, 07:26 PM
hehe....did not notice that....why post this question here then.....xD 105 posts...still is missing the plot I guess

thijs
9th November, 2010, 08:59 PM
It is a general sattelite question not everybody is from the uk on this forum m8
and not everybody is on this forum for the sattelite part of it

opsmonkey
9th November, 2010, 09:19 PM
hehe....did not notice that....why post this question here then.....xD 105 posts...still is missing the plot I guess

22 posts in and making judgments..

DK has a lot of USA members and they are entitled to ask a question just like any other member here.. so without being rude, wind your neck in ;)

mario123
10th November, 2010, 01:37 AM

he only asked if he could use it to get any channels thats fair enough. dont u think they have satellites over there 2 lol

Elric
10th November, 2010, 01:45 AM
North & South America - LyngSat (http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html)

rrob311
10th November, 2010, 03:07 AM
Well, I am right across the Ocean from you all. I am also in the middle of New England too! I was looking into FTA receivers but it seems like it is mostly church channels. I need news and sports channels.

mario123
10th November, 2010, 07:50 AM
Well, I am right across the Ocean from you all. I am also in the middle of New England too! I was looking into FTA receivers but it seems like it is mostly church channels. I need news and sports channels.

have u looked into the other satellites footprints over that neck of the woods to see what else would get with a bigger dish and motor? just like most of us are doing over here.
then u wont have to watch church tv again lol

kegnkiwi
10th November, 2010, 08:55 AM
There are box's over there that are equivelent to our spiderbox's and proteks receivers. You can get dish and bell i think with sonicview box's and i connectors using IKS. You can find a lot more help at abadss forum in the states.

ki

mario123
10th November, 2010, 11:37 AM
There are box's over there that are equivelent to our spiderbox's and proteks receivers. You can get dish and bell i think with sonicview box's and i connectors using IKS. You can find a lot more help at abadss forum in the states.

ki

what about dreamboxs do they use them over there?

dick b
10th November, 2010, 01:04 PM
rrob311
have you tried "satmods"FTA satellite forum mate that covers the USA I believe.