PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 Demo Now available

M3RMy
17th April, 2008, 02:20 PM
The metal gear solid demo is now available on the PSN :)

C64
17th April, 2008, 02:21 PM
It's times like this that i wish i owned a PS3 :)

thommo
17th April, 2008, 02:24 PM
i do and its not been plugged in for over a month lol, i bought a new game and still have not played it, might force myself into turning it on for this lol.

C64
17th April, 2008, 02:42 PM
Give it to me mate, I'll keep it company until you decide you want to play it :)

thommo
17th April, 2008, 02:46 PM
ive played burnout on it once, motorstorm twice and 2 bluerays have been watched.

id say 30 mins play on it, cant even understand why i bought another the first one didnt get played either so i sold it.

got drakes fortune to play not had it in the ps3 yet and i bought it a few weeks back.

regionfree
17th April, 2008, 04:52 PM
cant wait to get home to download it!!!

Good times!!!

M3RMy
17th April, 2008, 07:47 PM
Don't think that the servers for this game are up until monday but there is a big update for it which you can grab now .... takes ages comes down peer to peer.

dazza78
17th April, 2008, 11:08 PM
Konami have confirmed the Metal Gear Online: Open Beta in Europe. Konami will release Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta via the PlayStation Store from April 17th, with online tests running from April 21st through May 6th. Those downloading the beta will be invited to explore two maps ? ?Blood Bath? and ?Groznyi Grad?. Konami also said that they are "committed to the release of additional Expansion Packs to be released throughout the year."

Press Release>
Metal Gear Online: Open Beta in Europe confirmed
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH announced Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta for Kojima Productions' online epic
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced its plans for a public beta program across Europe for its forthcoming Metal Gear Online title for PLAYSTATION?3. Konami will release Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta via the PlayStation Store from April 17th, with online tests running from April 21st through May 6th. An all-new Metal Gear title specifically designed as a multi-player online experience, Metal Gear Online will be released worldwide as part of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on June 12th.

The beta program will offer players a unique chance to sample the innovative multi-player experience of Metal Gear Online, which emphasizes cooperative team-based play. Those downloading the beta will be invited to explore two maps ? ?Blood Bath? and ?Groznyi Grad? ? each of which requires unique strategies in order to achieve victory.

Metal Gear Online will launch as part of Guns of the Patriots in June as a Starter Pack, comprising five unique stages: ?Ambush Alley,? where trenches and sandbags litter an arena built for close and medium range combat; ?Blood Bath,? a two-tier battle setting; and ?Groznyi Grad,? the expansive Shagohod development complex from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater which features human catapults that propel players to different areas of the environment. Rounding out the five stage set are the dusty, Middle Eastern alleyways found in Guns of the Patriots entitled ?Midtown Maelstrom,? and the rooftop settings of ?Urban Ultimatum.? Konami is committed to the release of additional Expansion Packs to be released throughout the year.

Up to 16 people can play simultaneously, with game worlds created using Guns of the Patriots?s incredible 3D engine. Retaining the classic stealth combat gameplay of the Metal Gear series, players are dropped in a series of war zones wherein different challenges await. Five game modes await players on stages that span the globe and the history of MGS: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture and Base and Sneaking missions. Additional information on Metal Gear Online and the beta program can be found at www.konami-mgo.com.

M3RMy
18th April, 2008, 07:08 AM
To Download The update you get 2 options Http ..... Doesn't work gives a network error or peer to peer which takes forever. Size of this update is 841mb ...... Larger than the actual game download. I had to stop mine last night and it did resume by downloading it the peer to peer way this morning.

P.S And just when you think your all done you then have to try and register a Konami ID but the website is so busy you cant login through the ps3 and trying to do it on the PC is not very successful either.

h**ps://id.konami.net/login.do

M3RMy
21st April, 2008, 08:48 AM
Well after hours of trying finaly got a konami ID still can't play the bloody game though. Anyone managed to get a game of this yet??

Ok Just Found This::

IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

h**p://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

sargie
21st April, 2008, 11:22 AM
no i gave up on the huge dl which runs at a pathetic 10kbs on my 4mb cable modem pathetic and a waste of time.

andybhoy88
21st April, 2008, 12:50 PM
spoke to kara at konami uk beta test should be up and running wed at the earliest thanks to stoopid americans crashing the site, anyone know if mr gates likes a bit of solid snake.