PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W203 dash

peppery
11th November, 2010, 07:27 PM
hi
my customer want to make km corection only in dash
i make it but when put dash back in car on dash going old km.
how can i make km only in dash???
thanks in advance

mercis
11th November, 2010, 07:33 PM
tacho universal
w203 can dongle

Digamax
11th November, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hi, which year is car?

Best regards
Vladimir

vageric
11th November, 2010, 08:20 PM
do like mercis sayed.
and then km+flash.

peppery
11th November, 2010, 08:59 PM
car is 2004
i do not have tacho universal
i'm looking for simple method if it is have?

BigJ
11th November, 2010, 09:02 PM
do like mercis sayed.
and then km+flash.

Hi Vageric & Mercis.
Do I understand you correctly, That one can do just the dash without it going back to the same as the EIS when one refits the dash?

Thanks

z786
11th November, 2010, 09:15 PM
yes bigj thats correct, the diga flashes a different version in2 cluster so that it doesnt communicate with eis anymore, but remember this process is not recoverable (well it mayb but i cant think of a way)

BigJ
11th November, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks mate.

Do u have a .pdf showing the connections perhaps?

Digamax
11th November, 2010, 10:21 PM
car is 2004
i do not have tacho universal
i'm looking for simple method if it is have?
Tacho Universal can not flash C-class 2004 Year. You must do EIS to.

Best regards
Vladimir

TULGEYWOODMAN
11th November, 2010, 11:46 PM
Oh yes it can!
Did one only last week.:wavey:

z786
12th November, 2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks mate.

Do u have a .pdf showing the connections perhaps?

i think its cable #16 and also the CAN dongle

vageric
12th November, 2010, 06:14 AM
here you go m8!!!!
good luck.

gizmo666
13th November, 2010, 11:38 AM
there is do connections in this pdf manual, my diga mb can cable is uncomplete without connector so i dont know how to connect it to tacho:(
Maybe someone can help ?

BigJ
15th November, 2010, 06:35 AM
there is do connections in this pdf manual, my diga mb can cable is uncomplete without connector so i dont know how to connect it to tacho:(
Maybe someone can help ?
Got cables too, but no plugs as is the norm. Connections will be cool someone please.

TULGEYWOODMAN
15th November, 2010, 09:27 AM
self help self help self help
I know its easier to post and sit back but if you bother to look at the websites of the resellers you can find a schematic of the connection.

A request for a schematic would have been a more sensible question.

I figured out all this without anyones help a long time ago and I am pretty dim!

I have found these schematics on the web this morning, just to prove that they are still available, and no, I wont post the link!

If you are to succeed in this job, you must be able to manage without nursemaid.
So get hunting and good luck.:wavey:

BigJ
16th November, 2010, 08:29 PM
self help self help self help
I know its easier to post and sit back but if you bother to look at the websites of the resellers you can find a schematic of the connection.

A request for a schematic would have been a more sensible question.

I figured out all this without anyones help a long time ago and I am pretty dim!

I have found these schematics on the web this morning, just to prove that they are still available, and no, I wont post the link!

If you are to succeed in this job, you must be able to manage without nursemaid.
So get hunting and good luck.:wavey:

:embarassed:Very good point!:embarassed: Guilty as charged! :embarassed:
I have the schematics all along.:vroam:

markony79
16th November, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi
When you dont have something like Tacho universal, then open the cluster and you will see the eeprom, not motorola processor, the eeprom is 24c....something ,I forget , I think 24c16, not shore...
but sent me the dump , then I can make calcul...

BigJ
16th November, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hi
When you dont have something like Tacho universal, then open the cluster and you will see the eeprom, not motorola processor, the eeprom is 24c....something ,I forget , I think 24c16, not shore...
but sent me the dump , then I can make calcul...

Thanks markony79. Let me clarify: I have always done the dash and EIS on the w203, and Im not busy with one at the moment. I was just unaware of the ability of the TU to Flash the dash too, untill reading it here. I was not thinking when I asked for connections, as I know the cable has no plug on the cluster end, and in my mind I was not thinking, and thinking there must be points on the pcb to solder to. Meanwhile, the pin no.s are in the schematic. Put it like this: If "Fast Asleep" was a country, I would be the President.:boring::wavey:

Ding-Dong
1st December, 2010, 05:24 AM
hi all

i want to ask that if sm one already has FLASHED the cluster to change the Mileage
so can we know that by using the LAUNCH
if yes. how ??

another thing is that can we FLASH the cluster of MB again or not ?? to change the Mileage

thanks in Advance

regards
:wavey:

Ding-Dong
3rd December, 2010, 05:33 AM
no 1 knows this ...........

regards

Digamax
3rd December, 2010, 07:55 AM
hi all

i want to ask that if sm one already has FLASHED the cluster to change the Mileage
if yes. how ??

another thing is that can we FLASH the cluster of MB again or not ?? to change the Mileage

thanks in Advance

regards

Hi, yes you can Flash cluster again.
You need Star diagnose for reading km in EZS.

Best regards
Vladimir

milanista
3rd December, 2010, 08:46 AM
hi all

if yes. how ??

thanks in Advance

regards

As far as I know you can read the flash from the dash of W203, but I have never tried this. Will try it next time I have a W203 and will send the result.

technobox
3rd December, 2010, 09:37 AM
i did yesterday tachoo cable 16 km + flash is ok no problem

Ding-Dong
3rd December, 2010, 12:17 PM
THANKS DIGAMAX & MALINISTA
but 1 thing still not clear that can't X431 tell that if sm 1 has FLASHED the cluster or not ??

regards

TULGEYWOODMAN
3rd December, 2010, 04:21 PM
If you read ezs with star it will show true miles of car!:wavey:

airbagunit
14th December, 2010, 03:48 AM
hi guys i have a 02 merz c class
is it posseble to change something in the dump so it will show the miledge in cluster without programing the ezs module

dash 01 c class 96123k.bin (http://www.mediafire.com/?anp45ahykrendn5)

i tried 2 times costomer sas it show wrong miledge

anyone with expertese please let me know thanks

unu
14th December, 2010, 07:26 AM
hi guys i have a 02 merz c class
is it posseble to change something in the dump so it will show the miledge in cluster without programing the ezs module

dash 01 c class 96123k.bin (http://www.mediafire.com/?anp45ahykrendn5)

i tried 2 times costomer sas it show wrong miledge

anyone with expertese please let me know thanks

for your needs , modifications must be made into flash not into eeprom ... so , you waste your time !

airbagunit
14th December, 2010, 08:37 PM
please explaine more about make modf into flash

milanista
15th December, 2010, 08:08 AM
please explaine more about make modf into flash

There is not much to explain. The tools that can change odometer change some bytes in the flash so that the odometer synchronization between the Instrument Cluster and the EZS is broken. When this synchronization is broken and you check the Actual values of the Instrument cluster and the EZS you will see different values for the odometer.
However, the EZS in these cars is Motorola, so if you want to make a good job it is better to change its value by using a programmer.

darius89
3rd May, 2011, 07:15 AM
Mb #16 dash connection