PDA

View Full Version : laptop wont turn on

daithi
11th November, 2010, 08:55 PM
the latop works fine but every fifth or sixth time i turn it on it wont come on
it powers up but just has a black screen i then have to manually turn it off and back on then it goes into system restore but says it cant be fixed
i then turn it on an off a few times and it starts properly and works for awhile longer before crashing again in a few days

any ideas what it might be ive done a few scans and cant find anything it doing this for about two months now

mtv1
11th November, 2010, 09:03 PM
is it vista if so ~~~~ it out lol na i have a copy of 7 m8 vista sucks did you add any new proggies on it lately :D

daithi
11th November, 2010, 09:07 PM
is it vista if so ~~~~ it out lol na i have a copy of 7 m8 vista sucks did you add any new proggies on it lately :D

ya its vista have a copy of 7 somewhere to il have to dig it out as for adding programmes i never stop
but i delete ones i dont use to

sure technoligy is designed to fail these days after a certain time instead of last

mtv1
11th November, 2010, 09:09 PM
vista is soooo :puke: at compatibility any one small glitch thats it save the pics of yer missus lol and wipe it ;)

daithi
11th November, 2010, 09:14 PM
vista is soooo :puke: at compatibility any one small glitch thats it save the pics of yer missus lol and wipe it ;)

will do at some stage mate any idea how ya go about saving shite thats already on the lappy

mtv1
11th November, 2010, 09:20 PM
Lidl Online (http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20101111.p.1TB_External_Hard_Drive) ;} there ya go m8 sorted lol

xant14
13th November, 2010, 12:16 PM
sure technoligy is designed to fail these days after a certain time instead of last

I agree with you on that one. 1 month after the warranty runs out usually.

scotcruz
13th November, 2010, 08:46 PM
the latop works fine but every fifth or sixth time i turn it on it wont come on
it powers up but just has a black screen i then have to manually turn it off and back on then it goes into system restore but says it cant be fixed
i then turn it on an off a few times and it starts properly and works for awhile longer before crashing again in a few days

any ideas what it might be ive done a few scans and cant find anything it doing this for about two months now

I had sort of similar problem with my old one..

I opened the laptop and found that the CPU fan was clogged with dust (sort of cotton woolish material) clean it out and applied thermal paste on the cpu.. Put it back again and all good..

I used it for another 6 months without any problems.. and then sold it on flebay :wavey:

happy_highlander
15th November, 2010, 12:09 AM
will do at some stage mate any idea how ya go about saving shite thats already on the lappy
I've just used abuntu 10.10 on my step daughters lappy that that wouldn't boot to get the pics of the hdd before a clean install