PDA

View Full Version : CAT 345B ECM REPLACEMENT INFO

carman2
11th November, 2010, 10:39 PM
hi to all dk members i replace a ecm on a 345b ser#4sso an need to reprogram coud anyone tell me d steps to do so using d monitor this is my first time trying so any help.

xsez
13th November, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hi

To reprogram the ECM you need the Caterpillar ET.
In the old ECM you have the software part number, this part number has the software to the new ECM.

You need to flash files DVD or give this part number and i upload to you the file.

carman2
13th November, 2010, 10:13 PM
i have d cat et program but waiting on d data link adaptor and cables is ther any other way to to get d soft wear part number tanks for d reply.

sreeindia
14th November, 2010, 06:02 PM
There is no another way to process the software in the ECM. you should use communication adaptor 3 only. if u want flash file i will up load to u. And more thing is it engine ECM or machine ECM or Implement ECM. let us know that then only i will give you correct flash file.

carman2
15th November, 2010, 02:02 AM
i tink it d machine ecm that the one in d cab next to d operator seat as i said this is my first time trying this an i dont have d adaptor so i tink iwill have to let some one from cat come an do it tanks for d info.

aesreddy
17th November, 2010, 04:17 PM
Mr.carman2 that is machine ECM most cases it can't fail. Before calling of caterpillar people you need to check visually. Better you follow sis (M/c. Sl. no: DCW) / Electrical and Starting system/Electronics GP-Machine/Testing and adjustments in this file u will get some basic trouble shooting tricks. and one more thing you will find service codes in the display. most of the program can be done with display only. you try your better luck. for loading of new flash file you need Communication adapter. then only to load flash file.