PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A6 TDI 2005 WHAT A CARRY ON!

JIMMYQ
13th November, 2010, 10:23 AM
you gotta read this

I got a call from the local insurance approved garage last night they were called out to open an audi a6 tdi where the customer had been locked out anyhow they had a go at it but no joy so eventually called me out

I get to the car and asked what the situation is customer says i put my toolbox in my boot and ive left my key in the boot. Worse thing is the key was underneath something and the lock button was being pressed!!

The bloke from the garage tried rodding the car but nothing would work as it was totally deadlocked

Anyhow i got out my lishi pick and tried picking the damn thing normally takes me 5 mins but with the key being pressed the doors kept locking...lol

Eventually i got in with my inner groove tool i managed to open the door

OH NO BUT WAIT!

now the customers sat in the car front of the car trying to open the doors and boot from inside the car next minute he's locked inside the car. cant open the doors from neither inside or out......lol ( not funny for customer trapped inside the car) but i was in stitches

After 10 mins of being trapped inside he starting panicking and even told me to smash the window....lol

I told him to crawl into the back and pull the rear centre arm rest down guess what still no access to the damn boot all sealed off!

As the alarm was going off somehow he managed to get the window open so i wedged the window down and got him out the car from the window...lol

Even tried removing the back seats which would'nt come out at all as you have to remove the clips from the headrests etc and its a nightmare to do and theres no way i was climbing in to do that as im a big lad too

i then opened the bonnet to try and disconnect the battery of the car but the damn battery was in the back of the car too!

As the boot lock was at an angle and very awkward to pick ontop of that the damn lock button was pressed on the key

Eventually the car battery died but the boot was still locked and so were the doors but had the wiindow wedged down i put a booster on the battery thinking it may open the central locking now but still no!

Anyhow i finally managed to pick the boot lock and get the boot open and his key was under his tool box which had been pushing the lockbutton all the time

what a night mare but finally did it ;)

moral of the story is always be prepared for the worst a 10 min job can lead to 1 1/2 hours with the customer trapped inside the car which did'nt help too....lol

bonecrusher
13th November, 2010, 06:41 PM
Just when I thought, I had heard it all....................

Rodent
13th November, 2010, 07:51 PM
Not had one as bad as that but I did open up a Jag XS that had keys locked in it. It was deadlocked so picked it open fairly quickly and the guy reached in to get his keys but his phone went off so he answered the phone and shut the driver's door. Keys still inside and doors locked again!

Told him it was going to cost him double....to teach him a lesson but only charged him once as door opened pretty quickly again...what a dipstick....