PDA

View Full Version : air conditioning failure

mondao
14th November, 2010, 06:17 AM
hello people
I have a problem with air conditioning, a 4400 International truck,,
The problem is, it works well for 30 minutes, but then turns itself off
I have little experience with this system, but I could communicate with the truck, and I'm looking at the system temperature is increased.
there is an active fault code, I have followed the steps of trobleshoting, but I can not solve the problem.
code 613-14-1-6-AC service soon
At the current operating ambient temperature the system has lost enough charge that service should be performed to insure continued AC performance.
any help is welcome
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1362/tempn.png

devil dog
17th November, 2010, 12:45 AM
If you google the DTC it looks like it is an Engine ECM cal update that needs to be done to fix the issue hope that helps some.:wavey:
hello people
I have a problem with air conditioning, a 4400 International truck,,
The problem is, it works well for 30 minutes, but then turns itself off
I have little experience with this system, but I could communicate with the truck, and I'm looking at the system temperature is increased.
there is an active fault code, I have followed the steps of trobleshoting, but I can not solve the problem.
code 613-14-1-6-AC service soon
At the current operating ambient temperature the system has lost enough charge that service should be performed to insure continued AC performance.
any help is welcome
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1362/tempn.png

calpacint
17th November, 2010, 04:21 AM
If you google the DTC it looks like it is an Engine ECM cal update that needs to be done to fix the issue hope that helps some.:wavey:
Hello Mondao,
pls.hook up your charging gauge,it would tell you a lot about your a/c system or something wrong.
I have never used a scanner to diag a/c system,except there is something wrong with Sam or ecu
1.Check Ohm on compressor solenoid:3.5-4.5 Ohm.Please Check relay, sensors,fuse and switches first.Then plug-in your charging gauge.
2.If hi side pressure is more than 420 psi,It could be high pressure cut off. It depend on what type of a/c compressor install in your truck.
I hope this would help.
Have a good one,
Peter

mondao
17th November, 2010, 05:15 AM
:wavey:thanks guys, tomorrow I will try another (ESC) of another truck, (which works fine)
system pressure is fine, because another truck and brand look Maximum 220psi
what I see wrong is the temperature of one of the thermistor output
the temperature of the truck that works well, just mark up to 80 Fahrenheit, the temperature of the truck, which has problems, start at 45 Fahrenheit, and within minutes up to 230 Fahrenheit, and the system shuts down
tomorrow will try to resolve this problem, my English is not good, I hope you understand me

atetruckrepair
17th November, 2010, 01:26 PM
put a manifold guage set on could be as simple as a low charge

calpacint
19th November, 2010, 05:23 AM
:wavey:thanks guys, tomorrow I will try another (ESC) of another truck, (which works fine)
system pressure is fine, because another truck and brand look Maximum 220psi
what I see wrong is the temperature of one of the thermistor output
the temperature of the truck that works well, just mark up to 80 Fahrenheit, the temperature of the truck, which has problems, start at 45 Fahrenheit, and within minutes up to 230 Fahrenheit, and the system shuts down
tomorrow will try to resolve this problem, my English is not good, I hope you understand me
Hello Mondao,
Is your truck a/c problems solved? I like to know how you do it .Because I fix a/c/ system everyday.
Have a good one,
Peter

mondao
19th November, 2010, 05:31 AM
Hello Mondao,
Is your truck a/c problems solved? I like to know how you do it .Because I fix a/c/ system everyday.
Have a good one,
Peter
no luck, now swap the module (esc) from another truck, but still the problem

mondao
19th November, 2010, 05:38 AM
This air conditioning system is electronic, it is difficult, I think, my first time with this system:hmmmm2:

mondao
19th November, 2010, 05:50 AM
the air-conditioning technician said that everything is fine, I'm thinking of changing the position thermistor is my last option

calpacint
19th November, 2010, 11:20 AM
AC output temp.238 F. Is it a heater ,or what ?
AC pressure 110 PSI (for high side should be 220-230 , for low side should be 28-35 PSI)
May be changing a new thermistor would help.
What brand of compressor install on this truck ?
Is there any kind of sensor or thermal switch install on this compressor ?
Hope this help.
Have good one,
Peter

mondao
20th November, 2010, 06:59 AM
AC output temp.238 F. Is it a heater ,or what ?
AC pressure 110 PSI (for high side should be 220-230 , for low side should be 28-35 PSI)
May be changing a new thermistor would help.
What brand of compressor install on this truck ?
Is there any kind of sensor or thermal switch install on this compressor ?
Hope this help.
Have good one,
Peter
this is the system a / c, photo
Today we removed the two thermistor, and found a difference, not the same number of parts, the system has one original and one is not original, (thermistor) from there maybe the problem was generated.
I will find a thermistor original manufacturer's truck, I hope to find in my town, I'm trying to help a friend who works with a / c, I really do not know of these systems a / c
Greetings

drewwarhard
27th November, 2010, 03:37 AM
READ THE CODE DATA LOG IN ISIS AND IT WILL DIRECT YOU TO AN ENGINER BYPASS TRICK. THERE IS A COMBINATION OF BODY CONTROL SWITCH ACTIVATIONS THAT WILL DISABLE THE CODE, OTHER WISE IS WILL NEVER GO AWAY. WILL TRY TO FIND EXACT COMBO AND REPOST
:hmmmm2:

mondao
27th November, 2010, 04:03 AM
he seems to failure was caused by a thermistor, which is not compatible with the original equipment
but the original thermistor is hard to find, this is a picture, not compatible thermistor

sohc96neon
28th November, 2010, 05:13 PM
he seems to failure was caused by a thermistor, which is not compatible with the original equipment
but the original thermistor is hard to find, this is a picture, not compatible thermistor

That is the new updated thermistor. You will need to reflash your esc to the newest ver. Also with the new thermistor there is an update to put heatsrink on the connector side of it to keep moisture from entering it.

mondao
28th November, 2010, 07:35 PM
You are right, this thermistor bought it at a dealer in (usa) is a very new, we were doing tests with another truck that has the same system a / c, a thermistor remove the truck that works well your air conditioning and put it in the truck that is failing its air conditioning system and the system works well.
I only see a difference in the tip of the thermistor, and I forgot to check the different resistances:hmmmm2:

sohc96neon
28th November, 2010, 08:56 PM
You are right, this thermistor bought it at a dealer in (usa) is a very new, we were doing tests with another truck that has the same system a / c, a thermistor remove the truck that works well your air conditioning and put it in the truck that is failing its air conditioning system and the system works well.
I only see a difference in the tip of the thermistor, and I forgot to check the different resistances:hmmmm2:

As far as resistance they should be the same. The new style was to stop freon leak at the thermisters. The bad thing is they get moisture in the connector side now and cause the reading to be inaccurate. Just be carefull, if the new thermisters hang in the wrong range the compressor will run untill it fails, because it doesnt know when to cycle.

mondao
28th November, 2010, 09:37 PM
thanks for the answers
If the resistance is the same in the 2 thermistors, because the new thermistor is not working?
I really do not understand why it does not work
to update the (esc) would have to take the truck to a dealer, I think I will continue looking for another thermistor same as the factory had, like the last picture:hmmmm2:

sohc96neon
28th November, 2010, 11:26 PM
thanks for the answers
If the resistance is the same in the 2 thermistors, because the new thermistor is not working?
I really do not understand why it does not work
to update the (esc) would have to take the truck to a dealer, I think I will continue looking for another thermistor same as the factory had, like the last picture:hmmmm2:

Sorry, misunderstood you. A known good thermister(new style) will have the same readings as a known good old style thermister. The default reading when they fail is around 249*F. Yours is bad. If you have DLB you can program your esc. Hope this helps.

mondao
15th May, 2011, 05:36 PM
the navistar uses an inlet and oulet thermistor on the evaporator lines on the right hand side bulk head under the hood. When monitoring these sensors they should be within 5 degress of each other, generally the failure will be one of them will be reading 0 degress. It seems to be the inlet mostly.
this was a common problem in the early medium duty 4300/4400