PDA

View Full Version : Benz C200 203 remote IR

Poptest
14th November, 2010, 07:38 AM
Hello DK

My C200 could previously be activated from 10 meters away by remote IR. Lately, I have to hold IR very near the car.

What could be causing this?

Thank you.

sogaro
14th November, 2010, 07:52 AM
Check your remote batteries and replace them if found wanting. Simple test, put the inner tip to your tongue for a sharp feel if not battery is dead

Poptest
14th November, 2010, 08:01 AM
Thank you for reply.....

I have already replaced the batteries.........no improvement. Do you know where the sensors are located? Cleaning might help?

It works only when I am near driver door.

adikk
14th November, 2010, 10:20 AM
Thank you for reply.....

I have already replaced the batteries.........no improvement. Do you know where the sensors are located? Cleaning might help?

It works only when I am near driver door.
С203 have 2 way open car: IR and RF. Reciver IR mount in handle doors and need for smart open (or close) door whith open (or close) all windows. Reciver RF mount in left rear (see pic) and send signal to Rear Sam. Check antena, but may be You have problemm in key. Test work ather key.

Poptest
14th November, 2010, 03:56 PM
С203 have 2 way open car: IR and RF. Reciver IR mount in handle doors and need for smart open (or close) door whith open (or close) all windows. Reciver RF mount in left rear (see pic) and send signal to Rear Sam. Check antena, but may be You have problemm in key. Test work ather key.

Thank you for your advise. I did not know that key uses IR and RF.

I will test another key.

tech111
14th November, 2010, 04:36 PM
check fuse in rear Sam unit, i think you will find a blown one

Poptest
14th November, 2010, 05:14 PM
check fuse in rear Sam unit, i think you will find a blown one

Where is fuse of Sam located? Same as picture of Adikk?

What does Sam mean?

Thank you tech111

adikk
14th November, 2010, 08:27 PM
Where is fuse of Sam located? Same as picture of Adikk?

What does Sam mean?

Thank you tech111

SAM - Signal acquisition and actuation module and unated whith fuse block. See wiring diagram:
A2/71 Amplifier module 1, screen antenna
N10/2 Rear SAM control module with fuse and relay module
Check power 30 on amplifier
But if You work whith mercedes, download StarFinder 2008. It wiring diagram, component location and foto

Poptest
15th November, 2010, 02:01 AM
SAM - Signal acquisition and actuation module and unated whith fuse block. See wiring diagram:
But if You work whith mercedes, download StarFinder 2008. It wiring diagram, component location and foto

Many thanks again adikk. I don't work with MBenz, but I will try to dig for this information.

mercis
15th November, 2010, 05:36 AM
you can test rf signal with star
actual value sam rear

Poptest
15th November, 2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks mercis.........But I don't have Star. I only have Bosch and Launch which don't have information on Benz IR and RF key.

I was just able to download Starfinder 2008. I'll see what's inside later. I'm still busy with customer trucks.

mercis
15th November, 2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks mercis.........But I don't have Star. I only have Bosch and Launch which don't have information on Benz IR and RF key.

I was just able to download Starfinder 2008. I'll see what's inside later. I'm still busy with customer trucks.

i think with bosch or launch can you actual value check
sam rear--

mercis
15th November, 2010, 10:12 AM
Antennenverst?rker f?r W203 Limousine neu bei eBay.de: Fahrzeugantennen (endet 24.11.10 17:59:33 MEZ) (http://cgi.ebay.de/Antennenverstarker-W203-Limousine-neu-/170566210472?pt=Fahrzeugantennen_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item27b689d3a8)

or is this damage

Poptest
15th November, 2010, 11:51 AM
Antennenverst?rker f?r W203 Limousine neu bei eBay.de: Fahrzeugantennen (endet 24.11.10 17:59:33 MEZ) (http://cgi.ebay.de/Antennenverstarker-W203-Limousine-neu-/170566210472?pt=Fahrzeugantennen_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item27b689d3a8)

or is this damage

I don't see any Sam information on Esitronic. Bosch and Launch might give me a code but I will need time to study Sam RF system. I can also delay repair as the IR is working, and it is only my personal car.

I am very busy now on customer trucks which cannot be delayed.

I saw the picture but I cannot understand German.

Thank you much Mercis

cjawahir
15th November, 2010, 12:31 PM
I don't see any Sam information on Esitronic. Bosch and Launch might give me a code but I will need time to study Sam RF system. I can also delay repair as the IR is working, and it is only my personal car.

I am very busy now on customer trucks which cannot be delayed.

I saw the picture but I cannot understand German.

Thank you much Mercis

Hi,
auctioned is an antenna amplifier for a W203 Mercedes sedan. The amp is new and in original packaging film. Maybe suitable for other models.
The part number is: 2038701589

Free shipping within the EU at BUY IT NOW

Have fun bidding

use Google to translate

daniel sg
15th November, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hello DK

My C200 could previously be activated from 10 meters away by remote IR. Lately, I have to hold IR very near the car.

What could be causing this?

Thank you.
Your key oryginal ?
Or after programming?
Check your key board, or try remove nec put to another key.

Poptest
15th November, 2010, 01:56 PM
Your key oryginal ?
Or after programming?
Check your key board, or try remove nec put to another key.

Key is original and I don't have spare.

It has been this way since I changed my car battery last year.

Poptest
16th November, 2010, 07:43 AM

Hi Adikk..... Does Starfinder 2008 work with Windows 7 64 bit? Thanks......

joroboichev
18th November, 2010, 09:51 AM
check Rear SAM control module with fuse and relay modul

conect
22nd November, 2010, 09:39 PM
as already mentioned in previous posts the antenna attaches to the rear screen for RF signal
however it is not uncommon for the double sided tape to become detached from the window (just under roof lining at rear)
just press back onto rear screen and whilst doing so test the key again
if this proves succesfull you may have to drop the rear of the headlining and replace the tape
ps be carefull not to damage the ground contacts to the rear screen
regards
conect

Poptest
23rd November, 2010, 11:56 AM
as already mentioned in previous posts the antenna attaches to the rear screen for RF signal
however it is not uncommon for the double sided tape to become detached from the window (just under roof lining at rear)
if this proves succesfull you may have to drop the rear of the headlining and replace the tape
regards
conect

Thanks conect.......... I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

Poptest
23rd November, 2010, 12:05 PM
regards
conect

Thanks conect.......... I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

Poptest
21st June, 2011, 02:21 PM
check Rear SAM control module with fuse and relay modul

I just want to close this thread by thanking you all gave suggestions. Car was fixed a few months ago. Your posts helped me a lot in learning about my car.

Joroboichev's post was the correct fix..... blown 7.5 amp fuse on rear SAM.