PDA

View Full Version : British Gas

hoggy952
14th November, 2010, 07:45 PM
Here we go again, Winter is starting and BG are determined to capitalise on it. by jacking prices up by 7%, and predictions that the rest will follow suit shortly ( What competition) It looks like it is BGs turn to go first this time.
BG claim Wholesale price increase and that that they have not increased prices for 2 years, when they reduced prices by 10% Fact :- since 2008 wholesale gas prices have dropped 40%, they have now started to edge up. Just recently Bg announced a profit increase of 98% . So prices of wholesale reduce 40% and they reduce to us by 10%. Now wholesale is starting to rise, so does retail.
This industry is so vital to the nation it should not be owned by around a group of 12 companies who are a cartele. It should be nationalised for the good of the nation :mad:

cablefreejunkie
14th November, 2010, 08:55 PM
nationalised !!!
you got no chance of ever seeing that

masur123
14th November, 2010, 09:06 PM
I personally think all the important industries should be nationalised.

Water
Power
Fuel
Rail Network

These are the lifeblood of this country and should not be in the hands of shareholders/foreign countries.

Bulld0g
14th November, 2010, 09:09 PM
I personally think all the important industries should be nationalised.

Water
Power
Fuel
Rail Network

These are the lifeblood of this country and should not be in the hands of shareholders/foreign countries.

They all were at one time untill the ~~~~in Tories whored them out

masur123
14th November, 2010, 09:20 PM
Good ol Thatcher, she did so much for this country

smirnoff_rules
14th November, 2010, 09:22 PM
they where sold because they was antiquated and needed billions pumped into them all

masur123
14th November, 2010, 09:25 PM
they where sold because they was antiquated and needed billions pumped into them all

Agreed, now that they have been modernised we should renationalise them!

smirnoff_rules
14th November, 2010, 09:26 PM
Agreed, now that they have been modernised we should renationalise them!

? at wot cost

masur123
14th November, 2010, 09:35 PM
? at wot cost

Probably the same as the cost of bailing out the banks.

What we need to realise is that the fossil fuel energy is limited, and our power in the hands of foreign firms/governments bodes disaster for our future energy. If the french decide they want their gas before us, well they can because they own one of our power companies, same for the Germans and Spanish.

bald rick
14th November, 2010, 09:49 PM
at least we have the windmills!!! :eek:

smirnoff_rules
14th November, 2010, 09:51 PM
l dont believe for one minute where running out of oil

masur123
14th November, 2010, 09:59 PM
at least we have the windmills!!! :eek:

Now owned by the Dutch

masur123
14th November, 2010, 10:01 PM
l dont believe for one minute where running out of oil

But it is a finite resource surely?

chucklor
14th November, 2010, 10:04 PM
Probably the same as the cost of bailing out the banks.

What we need to realise is that the fossil fuel energy is limited, and our power in the hands of foreign firms/governments bodes disaster for our future energy. If the french decide they want their gas before us, well they can because they own one of our power companies, same for the Germans and Spanish.

I use to work at a mine in Notts when the tories put the lid on it there still was a estimated 200 years supply down there, same as most mines across the country..

Meat-Head
14th November, 2010, 10:14 PM
I use to work at a mine in Notts when the tories put the lid on it there still was a estimated 200 years supply down there, same as most mines across the country..

Heard the same rumor.
Word on the street is once the coal face has got wet, nil poi game over.