PDA

View Full Version : ASTRA H CENTRAL DISPLAY

cqae
15th November, 2010, 06:38 AM
Hi guys, I have a 2007 Astra H with a central multifunction display in safe mode. The customer has fitted a second hand one into it & has shoed safe mode ever since. I am told the are linked to the radio & nned to be reset before removed from both cars.

What I was hoping is that there might be a chip or eeprom I could swap over or read & re-write?

Or does anyone know if op-com would do the reset?

cqae
15th November, 2010, 06:46 AM
ok I just pulled it apart & here is the pic. down on the right hand side there is a 93C56AE eeprom, which I am hoping is the one I nned to swap. Since I was planning on removing it from the board I may as well just swap them instead of reading & writing them, hope someone can confirm this is where the linking info would be stored?

vares
15th November, 2010, 04:44 PM
Do you have both displays?
Read both 93c56 with programmer and put here.

cqae
16th November, 2010, 01:12 AM
I only have one of them here, the other is still in the car. The ownew is going to do it next week. I will read & post both dumps, but am just gonna swap the 93c56's over. I was just hoping for some confirmation that the info I wanted was in this eeprom.

knok
17th November, 2010, 01:04 PM
I only have one of them here, the other is still in the car. The ownew is going to do it next week. I will read & post both dumps, but am just gonna swap the 93c56's over. I was just hoping for some confirmation that the info I wanted was in this eeprom.

yes , we confirm you have in that eeproms all info you need.

cqae
15th December, 2010, 03:37 AM
thanks mate, the custormer hasnt come back but assures me he will, ill swap them over then & let everyone know how i go

cqae
21st December, 2010, 02:55 AM
ok guys well the customer just came back in today with the car & I swapped the eeproms over & it worked perfectly.
thanks to everyone for their help