PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed , equipment do i need?

gibbo74
3rd December, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hi I am looking into getting a sat system so that i could watch the english premier league matches 3pm etc , ive just moved into a house which has got a fixed 85cm dish which is pointing at hotbird i think ( thats what the guy told me who i bought the house off ),
Could someody please tell me which dox i should buy and can i get a patch or do i need a card, also how much it might me to get up and running,:dontknow:
thanks in advance gibbo74:manusign:

.: JaCkPoT :.
3rd December, 2008, 11:49 PM
1 west with a tm5400 is your best bet with digitv and if you want more then a diablo cam will get you more channels on that sat for FOOTY. The thing is how long these will remain for, we dont know. Its give and go with satellite.

opsmonkey
4th December, 2008, 03:22 AM
my dish is at 13E Hotbird..

I've a D500S cost me ?65
its connected to my broadband router..
I get every Liverpool game live..

costs nowt :)

wooper
4th December, 2008, 10:37 AM
As Sadiq says, techmate 5400 ci+ for around ?80, and a diablo cam with latest underworld flash.

Opens up Digitalb on 16e.

Dont think there is much on Hotbird these days after the days of ART (was that a dream?????????).

Thor sat is good too.

You may need a 1m dish anyways.

gibbo74
4th December, 2008, 11:51 AM
could you give me more info on what i would need to buy and what has the brandband router got to do with it ,sorry if it sounds like a stupid question

gibbo74
4th December, 2008, 11:52 AM
how much does it cost for the cam ond software?

wooper
4th December, 2008, 12:48 PM
In the last week I bought a Technomate5400 CI+ for ?80, next day delivery and a Diablo CAM and CAS interface (that you would need to load new firmware), loaded with underworld 148 (that opens CONAX encryption) for ?130.

Both work spot on, if you PM me I will tell you ebay seller I got from.

That said, you may need to invest on a 1m dish and have it moved from hotbird.

Mine is fixed to 16"e for digitalb footy, and get films and adult too.

1"west Thor I'm told is good.

EIther way your looking ?50 plus for new dish and then someone to replace it.

Am thinking of getting a motorised system myself, but thats for the future.

I may be wrong, but 13"e on hotbird is not too good these days. ART sport used to have all the footy, buut that ended. You may want to read up on Digitalb sport and the issues they have these days.

Benny and Sadiq can help you more. Really helpful guys.

wooper
4th December, 2008, 12:53 PM
Or you can buy a connax embeded reciver, the techmate is one and a valid Digitalb card. Around ?200 mark for a years sub. though still need to move dish to 16".

There are others, Nova, but your looking at ?600 odd I think.

Have a look at LJ's listing, has the matches and who shows them and which sat they are on.

wooper
4th December, 2008, 12:55 PM
Or for a laugh the Alsat forum.

But dont say anything against Darkman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beheaded:

wooper
4th December, 2008, 12:57 PM
And last but not least (I will shut up now), google footy doctor and watch footy on PC, I have seen a few 3PMs on there.

Am gone now!!!!!

alom5
5th December, 2008, 04:03 PM
looking for some help please....I just bought a dbox2 for satellite....just wondering how to get it going. Is it the same as the dbox2 for cable? just stick the file in keys and away you go....or is there a lot more work to it than that....like changing image and so on...

Will it pick up ALL the sky channels or pretty much like the cable version.

Do I need to start pointing the dish in all different directions (it works fine with sky now.... picks up all the channels-just gota pay for it...:toilet:)

thanks for your help.

wooper
5th December, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hey

Am no expert on dboxes.

SKY satelite has not been hacked. You will get nothing, it's not like the boxes for cable where it's easily hacked.

5th December, 2008, 08:52 PM
the only way is to cardshare

alom5
6th December, 2008, 10:08 AM
how does cardshare work please Sadiq. Is it very complicated..

7th December, 2008, 09:13 PM
Depends on your knowledge. I myself dont know so maybe someone with experience can help.

magic_moments
10th December, 2008, 06:09 PM
A similar question....

Once my Spy pay once watch forever deal ends, could i simply replace the LNB with a Quad one, point at astra and receive the SPL with one of the branded boxes you guys use on here? Do these boxes...dream/techno etc give the same channels as my parents eurovox on VM? thanks in advance

11th December, 2008, 12:46 AM
No unless you cardshare at 28.2e. However you will get discovery and nat geo at 1west with patch.