PDA

View Full Version : Remote control ?

andiewill
17th November, 2010, 02:46 PM
As the title says I droped it for the 100th time and now it won't work? I have taken it apart and noticed that the led filament looks broken inside the glass as it has a crack through it ? Is this a case of replacing it ? Or has anyone found out where to get a new one?

bugsy
17th November, 2010, 09:37 PM
As the title says I droped it for the 100th time and now it won't work? I have taken it apart and noticed that the led filament looks broken inside the glass as it has a crack through it ? Is this a case of replacing it ? Or has anyone found out where to get a new one?

Hi mate, same thing happened to me a while back,
Had an old tv remote knocking around, took the old led bulb out and soldered it on to itgate remote, works perfect.

Cheers,
bugsy.

pantomime horse
17th November, 2010, 11:23 PM
was gonna say pretty much the same as bugsy
I did exactly the same and mine worked too

shamusbhoy
18th November, 2010, 03:21 PM
There was a thread on this issue a few months back in the itgate cable forum about these ir led's and I had the same success as bugsy and panto, have even dropped it a few times since and still going strong.

plasterer
19th November, 2010, 12:06 AM
Jonos still got them ?15.85
Hope this helps ,..................Paul

andiewill
20th November, 2010, 05:12 PM
I had this universal remote control knocking about and remembered that i set it up to learn my itgate remote a while back but did not get on with, i dug it out again and yes it is still set up, i have now set it up with my lcd and going to do the same with my media box control, now it is coming into its own and positive use, so for now until i dig out my soldering iron this will do and i am putting the ex amount of controls away for hibination.

But as stated i will get onto that soldering at a later date, just in case i need for a back up control how are you contacting Jono ?

stan654
6th March, 2011, 12:17 AM
lads any remote controls knocking about anywhere for 210/220 or is there an alternative remote,

stan654
4th April, 2011, 01:42 AM
Lidl 10 in 1 Silvercrest RCU works a treat with the learn function..\o/ ..