PDA

View Full Version : using ps3 controller on win vista 64 bit pc

JASON1977
17th November, 2010, 04:17 PM
is there an easy way of using my ps3 controller on my pc i use windows vista ,64 bit

chroma
17th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
MotionJoy V0.6.0001 should allow you to run on 64bit platforms with the USB cable (you'll probably need libusb-win-filter-bin if i remember correctly)

As for via bluetooth? its entirely dependant on your hardware and even then if your compatable its kinda hit and miss.

Things have moved on in terms of drivers though, only recently has there been a readily available 64bit driver for sixaxis motion, before that you needed to compile your own and work around the insane "microsoft signing" bullshit. apparently motionjoy threw down the $600 a year signing fee from mocrosoft so it should just work out of the box... possibly.

If that turns out to be a dead end then theres always compiling your own drivers from source using PPJoy and the like, dont expect sixaxis support with that though unless you build your own interface.

sattboy
24th November, 2010, 12:35 AM
MotionJoy V0.6.0001 should allow you to run on 64bit platforms with the USB cable (you'll probably need libusb-win-filter-bin if i remember correctly)

As for via bluetooth? its entirely dependant on your hardware and even then if your compatable its kinda hit and miss.

Things have moved on in terms of drivers though, only recently has there been a readily available 64bit driver for sixaxis motion, before that you needed to compile your own and work around the insane "microsoft signing" bullshit. apparently motionjoy threw down the $600 a year signing fee from mocrosoft so it should just work out of the box... possibly.

If that turns out to be a dead end then theres always compiling your own drivers from source using PPJoy and the like, dont expect sixaxis support with that though unless you build your own interface.

just go to gamestation or game and get xbox360 controller for windows for a tenner or even ebay