PDA

View Full Version : NO TRANSPONDERS

matthewy2
4th December, 2008, 12:07 AM
Right this problem is starting to get on my tits so i fort id do 1 last post before i smash the ~~~er up.

I have a eurovox blue here, i have flashed it with the updated files.

I have done the factory reset thing and then when i do a channel scan it never picks any transponders up at all. also i notice that the quality flicks from 10% to 25%.

Is that normal, any help would be grateful.

Id even pay somebody for help at the moment....

Titan
4th December, 2008, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty sure you've already answered all the question but going to ask in any case!!!!....are you on virgin broadband or do you have basic package (either of these would give you the signal you need, otherwise it could have been turned off)?. Are you sure your connection is set up correctly (check and re-check)!!...To be safe i'd even think about the cable!!..if your not getting a good signal then the cable could be shit (perished, bad batch or damaged due to something unusual) or the connections aren't up to much (splitter or the crimps are crap)!!..might be worth investing in a new cable!!..failing that might be worth taking the cover off and looking and the point where the cable enters the box!! and ensuring it is secured correctly!!. Sounds more like a bad connection rather than a box fault as the firmware is attempting to pick up a signal!!

No dubt your kicking yourself mate but to be honest it's bound to be something really simple!!...try and find a friend who has the same box as you and plug it into your connection, will need to obviously delete all files and re-scan but that will tell you whether it's your connection or your box

Hope that is of some use to you

Regards

Titan

jonnyhomes
4th December, 2008, 12:29 AM
make sure ur ariel is in the rf i think it goes if ur looking at ur box its in the top corner

budweiser
4th December, 2008, 01:02 AM
what is your symbol rate when you do a scan? use either 6887 or 6952,try one then the other

akarshbadami
4th December, 2008, 10:02 AM
The appropriate symbol rate will fix this problem as i had the same probelm when i was using the wrong symbol rate. there is a link in here to get the symbol rate information. try it.
cheers
Akarsh