PDA

View Full Version : Bad/slow connection.

bigdon
18th November, 2010, 09:20 PM
Just got an ipad as present,it came from states dont know if thats relivent,problem is it wont connect or is extremely slow connecting to wireless lan,I have 2 pc,s that connect to system with no problems.Has anyone had trouble with ipads and connection issues.
Thanks Don

opsmonkey
19th November, 2010, 11:17 AM
if you google "iPad Wireless Problems" you will see exactly why Tablet PC's aren't very good....

Try an update via iTunes and follow the "Official iPad Wireless Problem Fix From Apple" if that doesn't work I'd take it to an Apple Store and see if they can help..

Symptoms:
Under certain conditions, iPad may not automatically rejoin a known Wi-Fi network after restart or waking from sleep. This can occur with some third-party Wi-Fi routers that are dual-band capable when:

* Using the same network name for each network
* Using different security settings for each network

Resolution:
If you encounter this issue, try the following:

* Create separate Wi-Fi network names to identify each band. This can be done easily by appending one or more characters to the current network name. (Example: Add a G to the 802.11b/g network name and an N to the 802.11n network name.)
* Ensure that both networks use the same security type (WEP, WPA, WPA2, and so on)
* If the issue persists, reset your network settings using Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: Always ensure that your Wi-Fi router firmware is up to date.

bigdon
22nd November, 2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that,I think its my wireless router thats the problem,too old,
Don

bigdon
17th December, 2010, 06:33 PM
Just to let you know, new wireless router sorted problem.