PDA

View Full Version : NEED Cat Comm Adapter III Updated S/W

Wristpin
19th November, 2010, 03:37 PM
I have a Cat Communications Adapter III I'm trying to use with Windows 7 64 bit operating system and it does not recognise the USB driver that came with the Adapter. Anyone had this problem and if so what did you do to correct it?

Thanks

ET is 2010A

Wristpin
21st November, 2010, 12:53 AM
ET 2010C fixes this problem so nevermind.

aesreddy
21st November, 2010, 08:01 AM
Caterpillar communication adapter can not work with 64 bit. but it will work with 32 bit. at presently i am using windows 7 ultimate with 32 bit. And one more thing you try like this may it can work. After installing adapter software connect adapter, then system properties/device manager/universal serial bus controllers- there you will find the Vehicle communication adapter ,click with right side of the mouse button \ Browse my computer for driver software \C:\Program Files\Caterpillar Inc\Comm Adapter 3\ Next (Then it will install automatically). i was done like this only in 32 bit. may be you can try in 64 bit.

Wristpin
21st November, 2010, 02:17 PM
Caterpillar communication adapter can not work with 64 bit. but it will work with 32 bit. at presently i am using windows 7 ultimate with 32 bit. And one more thing you try like this may it can work. After installing adapter software connect adapter, then system properties/device manager/universal serial bus controllers- there you will find the Vehicle communication adapter ,click with right side of the mouse button \ Browse my computer for driver software \C:\Program Files\Caterpillar Inc\Comm Adapter 3\ Next (Then it will install automatically). i was done like this only in 32 bit. may be you can try in 64 bit.
CAT ET 2010C fixes the 64 bit problem