PDA

View Full Version : returned 3 modem - big problem

Lainie
20th November, 2010, 03:49 PM
wonder if can help re a big prob my b/f stupidly agreed on the phone to a new contract and mobile bb from 3.(he thot other contract was ending when it wasnt) the min he came home and mentioned it was 3 i told him to get it cancelled asap. anyway phone returned (within 7 days) and phone contract cancelled - not a problem.

modem or whatever it was was also returned within 7 but 3 say they never received it. it was sent recorded delivery but b/f cant find the receipt (aaarrrggghhh men)

3 are phoning every day (he is on the phone to them just now going bananas) they now want ?291 to cancel the contract.

hellup

please please please

cablefreejunkie
20th November, 2010, 05:23 PM
check your private messages :)

Lainie
20th November, 2010, 06:00 PM
replied thanks.

the dongle has obv gone missing in the post. said we would buy one and sent it back so act can be cancelled. they said no as it wouldnt match the serial number and act would remain open till they get the original one back

we have been on the phone for an hour last night and an hour and a half today. thats about 11 phone calls now since end august.

every time to someone in india.

im demented now

patkins
20th November, 2010, 11:44 PM
I'll bet your probably talking to some guy from India.
3 are like cancer and hard to shake off as sh*t sticks.
All I can say Lainie is that I've been where you're at and wouldn't wish 3 on my best friend.

Another site I was on had a mega thread about complaints about 3 dating back three to four years so what did the cute ba*tards do- they sponcered the site and now you'd have to dig deep to find the mega thread.

opsmonkey
20th November, 2010, 11:53 PM
type a letter to the head office... send it recorded delivery though ;)

daithi
21st November, 2010, 11:17 AM
whoever you sent it with should have documentation for it

my dads a postman and whenever something is sent recorded he keeps one label and sticks it on a sheet of his that has the persons signature beside it and is sent back to the office then

opsmonkey
21st November, 2010, 02:05 PM
if you can't find the recorded delivery receipt and tracking number I'm afraid you wont have a leg to stand on with the post office..

Imagine if you were 3..

"So you sent it recorded, but now can't find the tracking number or receipt.. yeah right, sure you did.. "

That's what they will think..

Lainie
21st November, 2010, 02:15 PM
both the phone and the modem were sent back together. they said they have the phone not the modem/dongle!!

we have found the receipt but they say its the wrong consignment number. however its not.

over 2 hrs this weekend spent on the phone now they want a fax from us which they will get.

i asked for the name of their courier company and address - they dont know it. i asked for a contact number of someone in the uk - they said there is none. it goes on and on and on.

chroma
21st November, 2010, 04:56 PM
whenever i find myself in a situation like that i lie like a motherf#!ker.

Just tell em your a "law student" you know your right and that youve got an assessment comming up, ask them to take you to small claims court as it will cost you nothing, you'll use the experience towards your degree and that it might even be fun.

They usualy drop the ball then.

mtv1
21st November, 2010, 05:18 PM
hi :( in ireland we got Commission for Communications Regulation - ComReg (http://www.comreg.ie) i'm shure ye got something similar over there tell 3 you have been in touch with them and that you have all the paper work to prove you sent it back and that 3 have 2 weeks to sort it out or you will have no choice than to follow it up , that makes them run for the hills ;)

pipydigler
21st November, 2010, 06:31 PM
hi newbie here,i had a problem with a 1500 hundred pound bill many years ago with one 2 one, contact ofcom they will soon sort it ,they will kick and scream 3 but its the best way few emails and its sorted ,3 might fone and say u owe us but guess wot,once ofcom gets intouch they can sing lol hope this helps:wavey:

daithi
21st November, 2010, 07:05 PM
hi :( in ireland we got Commission for Communications Regulation - ComReg (http://www.comreg.ie) i'm shure ye got something similar over there tell 3 you have been in touch with them and that you have all the paper work to prove you sent it back and that 3 have 2 weeks to sort it out or you will have no choice than to follow it up , that makes them run for the hills ;)

forgot about this this worked a treat with me when they tried to make me pay 200 euro for canceling a contract in a 14 day trial
all i did was ring comreg make a complaint and gave 3 the reference no. and they backed down straight away

alec
21st November, 2010, 09:32 PM
Just tell them you are getting in touch with ofcom. All you need to do his goggle ofcom and Email them. I would ask for the full names of these people, who are giving you stress.