PDA

View Full Version : what Sat to get

bigt99
4th December, 2008, 01:07 AM
Is there any info on what is the best Sat reciever etc to get for a newbie that will work in Glasgow area

Cheers
Bigt:hmmmm2:

av2008
4th December, 2008, 01:25 AM
Hi, if you want freesat as in the BBC's freesat service, i would say a good receiver that has impressive reviews is the Humax Foxsat HD, if you get a freesat box make sure its HD because some are not.

If you want a receiver to obtain European channels i would say your best bet is a Dreambox but only if you know what your doing. (they can be complicated)

If you want simplicity have a look at Technomate boxes, they are well supported and simple.

Again i would say try and find a box supporting HDTV.

.: JaCkPoT :.
5th December, 2008, 01:04 AM
But there is only 1 hd channels out there on freesat which broadcasts.

cauliflower69
2nd January, 2009, 02:37 PM
You do also have Itv HD on demand, your better off looking at the equipment than looking for it especially with more HD channels around the corner.

What do you want to watch ? Sports / Movies or just the BBc stuff etc.

C64
2nd January, 2009, 03:35 PM
Is there any info on what is the best Sat reciever etc to get for a newbie that will work in Glasgow area

Cheers
Bigt:hmmmm2:

Depends on what you want to pickup mate.

If you are trying to get Sky movies/sport for free then go for a Dreambox, however it's a little more complicated than just buying a box, you will need to have your box connected to the Internet and join a cardshare server.

bristol406
2nd January, 2009, 05:41 PM
I recently bought a Humax Freesat HDR which is the receiver with with built in hard disk recorder. I am very pleased with it so far. HD is very impressive and I think that more channels will go HD over satellite in future.