PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Astra Satturn Opel need help

paul_mike
20th November, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hi guys, I need some help if anyone has a suggestion please do.

I'm in Canada and working on a Saturn Astra 2008 , this is a Opel Astra H in Europe . There is very few Saturn Astra here and maybe someone saw something simillar to what I'm working on.

So 2008 Astra with 1.8 liter engine with manual transmission
condition is a slight engine miss related to engine load not rpm. You could reproduced it in 1st gear slight acceleration around 3100-3200 rpm and the miss will last about 1/2 seconds that could be reproduced half of the time but another window is when you're in 3rd gear throttle around 65% like passing a other vehicle again the miss will last 1/2 seconds and this could be reproduced almost all the time. no ecm dtc , no light, no abnormal tech2 data. car is doing this condition for about 10000km with not doing better or worst. We get lucky to find a sister vehicle so we swap from the good car to the bad one the following components but still the condition persist.
spark plugs,ignition coil , cranshaft sensor, both camshaft sensor, maf sensor, the intake manifold assembly with the throttle plate, knock sensor, evap solenoid ,engine controller , fuel injectors with rail.
we check the fuel pressure, inspect the camshaft timing vs belt and crankshaft ,compression is ok
any help is welcome

Paul

juniormaxxx
1st December, 2010, 03:59 PM
maybe your catalytic converter is cloged,corked, blocked if you know what I mean, I'm not really good with english.

Have you tried too see if some of the valves i burned......
If it is similar as opel, and if it has Hybrid Ecu than he is to blame, makes alot problems here in croatia....

aidopel
2nd December, 2010, 10:34 PM
Do you try with the another ECU , or reprogramming the ECU ?

Regards

paul_mike
3rd December, 2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the reply ,

Yes we try another ecu , and the exhaust back pressure was tested ok. We did also a cylinder leak down test but we didn`t pull the cylinder head off yet. The engine is operating nicely at any other time. The owner report that the condition is present for months now but the condition never changed (worst or better)

Thanks for helping

teuton
6th December, 2010, 05:47 AM
You might wanna smoke test the vehicle for some minor leak.did you check the maf readings while the miss occures. do you have acces do mode $6 data?

paul_mike
7th December, 2010, 03:45 AM
Hi,

we swap the complete air induction system from the air filter box to and including the intake manifold, block all vacuum line use for accessory.
IM using a GM tech2 and not much data is available at the same time , the data is hard to match with the miss

thaks for your suggestion

gaz51
23rd December, 2010, 10:03 PM
i suppose the engine is the vvt one 103kw Z18XER? if so then maybe a problem with the camshaft phasing solenoid electro/hydraulic? I know there has been some problems with those but they mostly give out the DTC as well.

pauliec
26th December, 2010, 03:06 PM
Do the pedal test and check for fault codes...

1. With engine off and keys out of ignition
2. Hold down Brake and gas pedals
3. turn key to pos 2
4. look at the codes displayed in the ODO
5. Register with astraownersnetwork.co.uk and check out their huge fault code list.

Hope that helps..

faiscamix
1st January, 2011, 01:21 PM
Did you changed the acelerator ? Those resistors also go bad. If it have break assist by vacuum test without it i had a similar problem on a pug because of a vacuum leak on the break pump.

paul_mike
3rd January, 2011, 03:19 AM
I should have the car back at the shop on mid january, will do more test and try suggestions made here. Will update then.
Thanks to all for comments and happy new year

paul

gravy258
3rd January, 2011, 05:47 AM
Astra Sport and Astra Owners Club - Mk1 | Mk2 | Mk3 | Mk4 | Mk5 | Mk6 | Astra Van | 888 | VXR - All Welcome (http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/)

is where its at

valoras
11th October, 2015, 05:28 PM
esto es una ?orda mas grande que el copon que os den pringaetes.