PDA

View Full Version : volvo s60 reverse sensor kit

eyesofadj
4th December, 2008, 01:58 AM
Anyone clued up on how to wire power?

I have a black- and a red+ to be wired for power.

I think it is the blue wire for reverse light that the + wire gets attached to, does anyone know how this would be attached?

How do you ground the - wire

Any help appreciated

clit-eastwood
4th December, 2008, 02:03 AM
Anyone clued up on how to wire power?

I have a black- and a red+ to be wired for power.

I think it is the blue wire for reverse light that the + wire gets attached to, does anyone know how this would be attached?

How do you ground the - wire

Any help appreciated

red goes to positive and black goes to negative the ground wire will also go to negative, it would be helpful to see some sort of diagram of what you have

eyesofadj
4th December, 2008, 03:24 AM
Hi

I have the sensor kit all connected up on the car apart from the red+/black-, which just needs to be attached to car circuit.

These wires are the only wires sitting loose at the moment. I have seen that the blue wire on the car circuit which leads to the connector for the rear lights is the reverse light feed. There is a grey wire which i seen was supposed to be the ground, but I can attach the black- to the car body anyway so I wouldn't bother touching the grey wire.

I don't have access to the wiring plan of the car.

If it comes to it and I can't get confirmation, I will get it wired by an auto elect, the last thing i'd want is to blow fuses etc

twittowoo
4th December, 2008, 02:43 PM
if you take the feed from the boot light is will be fused and no need to run cable to the front of the car
1/ live to light poss (boot light)
2/ earth to body of car neg
3, senor swith to resvering light poss

dctyper
4th December, 2008, 02:59 PM
volvo's are networked mate, you might have trouble

eyesofadj
4th December, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hi guys

I have found out it is defo blue wire to reverse light, therefore will splice and feed red+ wire from reverse sensor power unit.

I also found out that the black- wire form reverse sensor power unit will not gnd on car body, it must be wired to ground wire (wherever that is)

Getting there slowly.

By the way, it is only rear bumper sensors with unit beeper in boot, no need to leave the boot.