PDA

View Full Version : Airmassmeter A140 / A160

JFR-Tuning
23rd November, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hallo,

does someone kwows with kind of resistent i need to comform the ECU ofthis cars.

In this VDO the Airmassmeter includet.

On witch PIn i must put it.

Or does someone knwow, wer i can bye only the airmassmeter??

Thanks a lot for a quick answer

Frank

the_riddler
23rd November, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hallo,

does someone kwows with kind of resistent i need to comform the ECU ofthis cars.

In this VDO the Airmassmeter includet.

On witch PIn i must put it.

Or does someone knwow, wer i can bye only the airmassmeter??

Thanks a lot for a quick answer

Frank

Dont know of any others, but someone May.....

Car electronic repair parts - ELECTRONICS (http://www.codecard.lt/electronics/car-electronic-repair-parts/cat_23.html)

JFR-Tuning
25th November, 2010, 06:51 AM
Thank you that i know. But i Thinkwe are here to repair himself.

Does no one kwows how big the resesten is?

Frank

exe123
25th November, 2010, 03:10 PM
Think about it. It is not a fixed value! it is changing depening on the temperature and also airmass.
it will never work with resistor only.
forget it.

JFR-Tuning
25th November, 2010, 04:21 PM
Think about it. It is not a fixed value! it is changing depening on the temperature and also airmass.
it will never work with resistor only.
forget it.

Yes you are right. But it works i know it. Think,, if the airmess dont work, the ECU take also a fixed Value. But it goes in Notworking

This Man make it so,that this works without the NOTPROGRAMM.

The ECU dose?t know is the value right or not. Also it takes the the value from the trottelclamp.

exe123
25th November, 2010, 11:14 PM
I heard one guy is doing it via Alpha/N electronics but with resistor only I don't believe.

Why you not spend the money and let the guy do the work? Then you can see how he did it and you know it for the next car. It's the easiest way.

JFR-Tuning
28th November, 2010, 12:10 PM
I heard one guy is doing it via Alpha/N electronics but with resistor only I don't believe.

Why you not spend the money and let the guy do the work? Then you can see how he did it and you know it for the next car. It's the easiest way.

Thank you fore your Tip.

May i do it but you can only see that they change the platinfilm. But where i can buy it?

That you write about alpha/n >>> i think is the right way. you can build it in the ECU. You must take the signal of the throttle with diode and a resistor and you have a alpha/n management.

But what are the right components on witch position.

Thanks

ominimicu
28th November, 2010, 10:55 PM
Use a variable resistor...from 0 to 20 Mohm. and adjust it until it runs good.

djwacik
29th November, 2010, 03:53 AM
There is only one issue... Airflow is not a fixed value (which could be set using resistor). Setting it to run good at high load condition will make it run crazy rich in low load. Lambda compensation would be not enough to set proper AFR.

JFR-Tuning
30th November, 2010, 06:26 AM
There is only one issue... Airflow is not a fixed value (which could be set using resistor). Setting it to run good at high load condition will make it run crazy rich in low load. Lambda compensation would be not enough to set proper AFR.

Thanks,

I Thinks itworks only with aalpha / N .You take the signal from the throttel flap.

Have some one the wiring diagram of this ECU

djorgensen
9th July, 2011, 01:29 PM
I just paid ECU Testing ?140 to find out how they do it

They stick a dab of solder on the old air mass unit, the wire in the middle of the air mass and then stick a little 20k potentiometer across two pins

hardly the "fix" of the year but it sort of works

ruscic
17th July, 2011, 10:28 PM
maybe some picture of it?? no changing some glass part on it?

djorgensen
9th August, 2011, 05:38 PM
No infact I took it apart and all ECU Testing have done is add a reisitor.

I've done exactly the same thing to a number of these A140's in the last couple of weeks and it appears to resolve the issue. At least to a point

Its not a very good solution, you can get it running ok when cold and ok to a point when warm. but after a long drive it will go back to having a slight hunt

I have also tried taking another sensor of a known good ecu and that also doesnt work very well. it would seem maybe when they make these ecus they are in some way calibrated to the air mass

mobileworks
31st August, 2011, 11:54 PM
contact with Sacer. china have reparation kit
Br Juan