PDA

View Full Version : What my mother saw one night

welsh
4th December, 2008, 04:42 AM
Yesterday I discovered that my mother recently saw my father for the first time in 25 years, and that he spoke to her.

Whats really strange about this encounter is that my father has been dead since 1982?

I talked with my mother about her ?conversation? last night on the phone, and she related the story to me as best she could. I thoroughly questioned her on all aspects of the encounter, and tried to garner as much detail as possible, without coming off as being insensitive.

Being fascinated with the paranormal all of my life, I?ve found that when dealing with stories like this the rational mind will always attempt to dismiss the strange, but after a lot of thought I feel that this event really did happen.

This has been rattling around my head since I hung up the phone last night, and even my first waking thoughts this morning we about it, as I mentally ran through the events and tried to make sense of them, all while wiping the last remnants of sleep from my eyes and stepping into the shower.

So at this point I?ll go ahead and relate the story, and I will try to be as accurate as possible. It all started with bacon and eggs?

My mother had noticed a few weeks ago that the kitchen had a distinct smell of bacon and eggs cooking, but there was nothing cooking nor was the cooker even on. The smell then vanished as quickly as it had appeared, and left no trace.

Then a few days ago she was awakened at 4:00am by an over powering smell of bacon and eggs cooking. She initially thought that the smell was wafting from the next door neighbor, as they might have been cooking breakfast, but then she noticed the time and the extreme darkness outside, and dismissed the idea.

The smell was so powerful that it forced her to get out of bed and investigate. No sooner had she left her bed and exited the bedroom, that she noticed the downstairs kitchen light was on. Her first thought was that she had somehow forgotten to turn the light off the night before, so she headed down the stairs to turn it off and then promptly head back to bed.

As she approached the illuminated kitchen, she immediately became terrified, as she saw a man in the kitchen standing by the sink! Her mind instantly leapt to the conclusion that someone had broken in and that there was now an intruder in the house.

As quickly as she was gripped by fear, the fear was washed away and then dispersed, when she suddenly recognized the man standing near the kitchen sink as her dead husband, and my father?

All thoughts of intruders and fear were gone, as she stood there transfixed. My father looked completely normal and alive. He was not transparent, or glowing, or displaying any of the ?typical? pop culture traits that most people associate with ghosts. He looked just as he did before he died 25 years ago, very alive and very real?

As they both stood there in the brightly lit kitchen, the silence was finally broken when he spoke to her. He said that he was sorry that he had left her, and that he didn?t want to go. But the reason he was here was to tell (warn) her about by brother. (My brother has recently had some health issues, which in his typical fashion he had blown off and ignored.) He then said that he wanted my mother to talk to my brother about my fathers health and that he also knew he was sick, but did nothing.

And then he was gone?

My mother said that she stood there for a few moments, then turned off the kitchen light and went back to bed. It was then that the fear returned and she became scared.

The next day she was terribly upset by her nocturnal visit, and called my brother to tell him about the incident, which once again in his typical fashion he shrugged and dismissed it all as a dream, but then promptly went to the doctor?s for a complete physical.

Before I had spoken about the incident with my mother, my thoughts about it all were initially very skeptical, as my mother has never really gotten over my fathers death and she still misses him terribly.

But after our talk, and pressing her for details on the story, I?m inclined to believe that it really did happened. Although belief is all there is, as there is no way to know for sure what really happened, if anything at all?

Was this contact? Or just an incredibly powerful ?waking-dream? by a woman who misses her husband?

bugaloo41
4th December, 2008, 10:19 PM
Spooky stuff mate.

mickydibble
4th December, 2008, 10:24 PM
Spooky stuff mate.

ditto Spooky stuff mate

shank
27th December, 2008, 12:27 AM
Seeing as it happened at 4am I'd say it was just a dream.

Think about it mate, if you saw a ghost in your kitchen, would you;

A) Run out of the house screaming, never to return.

or

B) Go to bed, in the full knowledge that there is a ghost downstairs.

vipermo
31st December, 2008, 07:30 PM
very interesting story mate

A) Run out of the house screaming, never to return.

or

B) Go to bed, in the full knowledge that there is a ghost downstairs.

But its not just any old ghost its her husband

C64
31st December, 2008, 08:18 PM
Good story and a common occurrence if these things are to be believed.

However, as much as I want to believe is Ghosts I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe anything at all after the tv show 'Most Haunted' appeared on our TVs.

these people go to the 'Most Haunted' places in Britain and abroad yet have never once captured an image of a ghost on camera, they seem to get lots of paranormal 'activity' (if it is to be believed) yet after about 9 seasons and loads of Live vigils they haven't came up with a single shred of evidence.

Pretty disappointing from where I stand.

Do I believe in Ghost? - I want to, but I see no real evidence.

shank
1st January, 2009, 05:41 PM
Do I believe in Ghost? - I want to, but I see no real evidence.

Bingo!

The only evidence for the existence of ghosts is anecdotal evidence, i.e. ghost stories, which is no evidence at all.

Hardly anyone ever reports seeing a ghost in broad daylight, it's almost always happens in the middle of the night when people are more likely to be alone/nervous/frightened/dreaming etc.

C64
1st January, 2009, 05:56 PM
I believe that the people who relate these stories are telling the truth.

To the person it is very real and they are not making it up, but IMO, like the last guy said, why do they always seem to happen at night when people are not at their best?

Tiredness, dreams and imagination play a huge role in these things - IMO.

I'm certain that Paranormal things happen all the time. I myself have been given messages from dead relatives via a medium (important health related warnings for family members, every one of which turned out to be true) but IMO the popular misconception that a ghost can be seen and walk around our homes at their leisure is something that I'm not comfortable with.

shank
2nd January, 2009, 01:00 AM
I'm certain that Paranormal things happen all the time. I myself have been given messages from dead relatives via a medium (important health related warnings for family members, every one of which turned out to be true)

Do yourself a favour mate, type "cold reading" into Google.

Next time you go to see a medium, ask him/her to tell you what your grandmother's middle name is/was. I'm sure if he/she can pass on important medical advice then he/she will have no problem answering a simple question like that.

smirnoff_rules
2nd January, 2009, 01:06 AM
Cold reading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading)

http://www.geocities.com/kayswaybooks/images/dorisstokesvoicesinmyeartheautobiographyofamediuml indadearsley0708817866kaysway.jpg

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Stokes)

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd January, 2009, 03:19 AM
Witchy2k1....IMO your avatar is a ghost...