PDA

View Full Version : [FREEVIEW] ALBA STB8 Set-top box not finding any channels

jake-pickering
25th November, 2010, 01:02 AM
Not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move it.

Bassically I recently got hold of an alba stb8 box and wired it up, after an auto scan I had most channels coming through fine. Although dave ja vu and some others didnt work (even know dave did) I didnt really use it for a week or two as I was busy and just now i've gone to watch some tele, as it was unplugged at the mains it ran auto set up on boot. I selected my screen ratio and it began auto scanning, after 3 scans it still hasn't come up with any channels at all?

Any ideas?
thanks

Grizz
25th November, 2010, 01:41 AM
is the cable from dish plugged in properly? have you tried a working box to rule out any problem on dish side? General Satellite section might get more replies.

tshirtman
25th November, 2010, 03:07 AM
have you tried a first time install, that usually works

nara
25th November, 2010, 09:15 AM
is the cable from dish plugged in properly? have you tried a working box to rule out any problem on dish side? General Satellite section might get more replies.

I doubt it, it's a Freeview (terrestrial) box.

Grizz
25th November, 2010, 11:48 AM
my apologies, i was doubly wrong cause i thought it was freesat and i forgot there was a freesat section

jake-pickering
25th November, 2010, 05:56 PM
Yes as nara says its a freeview box running off a digital ariel. My sisters just moved out days ago and she had a TV with freeview built in downstairs and that worked flawlessly till she left, they run off the same ariel.

@Tshirtman Unfortuntley that doesn't fix it. The first-time install is what ran because it was unplugged at the mains.

Thanks anyway guys.

jaima
1st December, 2010, 05:36 PM
a break in the coax somewhere or the tuner is gone.

cactikid
1st December, 2010, 09:10 PM
must be some way of factory reset and rescan with correct aerial plugged in